So, now that we are a week into the new year, I figured I'd give you a brief update on my resolutions:
1. I'm doing just dandy without soda. However, I should qualify/clarify what I gave up: I did NOT give up caffeine. No, no, no. That's just crazy. I still drink my 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. I don't think I could dress myself without the java; instead, I did give up my one Diet Pepsi a day. And really, I wasn't drinking it because of the caffeine (next to coffee, the caffeine in a diet soda is neglible), I was drinking it because it was a sweet, delicious treat every afternoon. Now, I just get water. Not as sweet or delicious, but better for me, I think.
2. I have been good at taking my vitamins everyday. I gag just thinking about it, but I have been doing it.
3. Flossing every day has also been going well, and I had a dentist appointment yesterday that went fine, so the teeth are good.
4. I haven't yet made appointments for the eye doctor or regular check up doctor. But I still have 51 weeks to get those two appointments in.
5. As far as eating better, well, I have been trying to be more conscious of what I ingest (I'm munching on a healthy apple right now), but I can't say I've made any major dietary changes in the past week.
So, all in all, I've been doing pretty well with the resolutions. Of course, 7 days is not necessarily reason for a ticker tape parade -- by now, you should all know that it takes 21 days to form any kind of habit :)