TAT CN Header

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thick Six

The air was thick out there this evening for my 6 miler. It was thick in part because of the usual heat and humidity, but it was also hazy because the Everglades are again blazing to the west of us, so the smoke is lingering over the area mingly with the already soupy air. And I won't lie, the 6er was tough tonight. The first 4 miles were comfortable, but then in the 5th and 6th miles, I was done. I was sizzling, and I had to slow it down in order to finish 'er up.

1: 9:40
2: 9:43
3: 9:54
4: 9:54
5: 10:09
6: 10:08

Total Time: 59:13

On the plus side, the run was 99% bug-free. I have to think about those positives; otherwise, it'd be hard to find the shiny-side of running at this time of year.

16 comments:

Wes said...

For being done... Those are pretty good miles :-)

keith said...

what if...you put your running clothes in the freezer before you left?

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear the run was bug free!

E said...

Good job on getting it done. :)

Viv said...

Great on pushing through the smoke and soup. Ugh! Summer is really starting to be a bitch.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job!

TonyP said...

Well done and, thankfully, bug free.

Anonymous said...

it's way freaking muggy here. i want to start walking to compliment my tennis so i hope i start tonight. THAT will be my new 'habit'

Marcy said...

I say those are still some pretty sweet numbers! Very nice!

chia said...

Better woman than I ;-). Great job!!!

Kevin said...

Good job on pushing through the heat

sunshine said...

Those splits look pretty good to me, especially since you're running in Florida in June! :)

Paul said...

the heat and humidity are ok. But the bugs have got to go. Good splits!

J~Mom said...

Nice job in the heat!

Brianna said...

I'm impressed that you stuck with it. Doesn't sound like fun, but I'm sure your body will thank you later.

Jess said...

Nice job sweating out the six miles. Still finishing in under an hour...not shabby at all