TAT CN Header

Saturday, June 07, 2008

No Pool for You!

Today I did some "at home" yoga and then planned to go swim some laps. But on my way to the pool, I spied others using it and turned tail for home.

See...thus far, I have been able to use our community pool as if it were my own private pool, but it does truly belong to the community; it's just not in high demand -- especially during the work week. But I guess on a Saturday afternoon people felt the urge to get to the pool and there were quite a few there. It's not big enough for all of us -- especially when one of us wants to use it for laps -- so I skipped the workout instead of attempting to freestyle between the water noodles. It's okay; I've gotten in quite a few workouts this week anyway.

So, instead of exercise, I put my efforts into a rich dinner and half a bottle of wine. And maybe I'm adding a few beers and some brownies I baked this afternoon as dessert. What? Just because I barely burned any calories today doesn't mean I can't consume a small country's worth tonight!

10 comments:

chia said...

But was there a pool nazi bellowing that from poolside?

Anonymous said...

Brownies...I can eat a whole pan myself!

lifestudent said...

I tend to find I always turn to food when I skip a workout. I think its cuz my body tells me I need extra engergy so I can do double the workout next time :)

Kevin said...

the nerve of those people. dont they know that it's Jess's pool

Crissy Rae said...

Brownies and beer..doesn't get much better than that.

Marcy said...

Oooohhh you should have went with the WHOLE bottle of vino LOL. You don't need to share :P

Unknown said...

The nerve! People in "your" pool on a Saturday afternoon. What were they thinking?!?!?

I'd stomp off for some dinner, winde, and brownies too. I just love a good excuse to be a glutton. :)

Viv said...

Jess, ur killin me smalls. Brownies, wine, delish food oh my!

Sorry the pool was owned by the noodle queens. I am going to battaling some of those while at my parents condo this summer. I always laugh because they are in the pool for 2 hours yet their hair is still perfect.

teacherwoman said...

mmmm... brownies....

keith said...

i like my brownies with the crusty edges. sounds like you had a very nice and calorie filled weekend. good for you!