TAT CN Header

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's not the Heat; It's the Humidity

It would not be hyperbole to describe the present outdoors like that of a sauna. Seriously, the humidity is an unbelievable 79% out there, which makes the running a bi-atch. So, like Marcy mentioned yesterday, the one benefit to running in the heat is that it provides you with the perfect excuse for slowing down the pace, and that's exactly what I did on my 5 miler this evening.

I tried to slow the pace by about 20-30 seconds per mile, and I think it helped me fight through that thick air.

1: 9:53
2: 9:45
3: 9:39
4: 9:42
5: 9:42

Total Time: 48:42

Now...I can't linger because I must watch the season finale of "Top Chef" -- exciting! But if that greasy-haired Lisa wins, I will break something (she does NOT belong in the top 3, and it's not just her apparent allergy to shampoo that makes me dislike her: there's a lengthy list of her deficiencies); I'm rooting for Stephanie because, well, there's never been a woman Top Chef and I wanna see a woman win -- cook up a storm chica!

12 comments:

Razz said...

I probably won't be able to see TC until this weekend. I beg of you to type a disclaimer before revealing who won.

That is all.

TonyP said...

The heat has subsided a bit here in NY, but it is still pretty hot. You had a very steady run - well done.

I've never seen Top Chef, although the promos for it are pretty funny.

teacherwoman said...

That's a slow 5-miler? HA! Fast for me! nice job.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 79% humidity is a bi-atch, but you ran great. I hope you guys a some relief as the weekend nears.

keith said...

Welcome to the jungle!!

(I hear they have fun and games)

Marcy said...

ITA the humidity is def the killer. That shiz sucks. Very nice run chica! Very nice! You only slowed 20-30 seconds?!? Dang girl that's still too fast for me LOL

L*I*S*A said...

You speedy girl! If that's your 'slower' pace, I'll take it. :)

Debbie said...

I decided that if Lisa had won the show last night that I would stop watching TC! Thank goodness she didn't win!! I was rooting for Richard because he's awesome and from the ATL...but I like Stephanie!! But Lisa...oh no!

nwgdc said...

dang! missed the finale! don't spoil it for me!

J~Mom said...

There is no way I could even breath in that humidity!!

sRod said...

I was rooting for Stephanie too!

I think the general consensus is the Lisa lacks some serious skill. Actually, it seems that the only skill that she has developed is the ability to screw up rice.

And I can't beleive Lisa's reaction at the end of Part I of the finale. "I think a congratulations would be nice." Yeah, congrats on having no skill AND being a bitch.

Viv said...

hyporbole?? Please jess elementry over here.

Question of the day of the day. Do you eat while watching TC?