TAT CN Header

Monday, June 23, 2008

Catch Up

Thanks for the comments on the blog's 3 year b-day (below). It is appreciated! And for those who were wondering about final condo pictures, they were embedded as hyperlinks in the post. But for those who missed that, or who want another looky, click here and/or here.

Aside from the blog enjoying its b-day, we had a nice, relaxing weekend. On Saturday, Jerry and I went to see "Get Smart" in the theater and we both enjoyed it: It was funny and adventurous, and basically everything you look for in a summer flick. It's not gonna win any Oscars or anything, but it was thoroughly entertaining. Also, on Saturday, I managed to get a 3 miler (29:05) in before dinner and the thunderstorms, which lasted most of the night.

On Sunday, we went to the beach for a few hours and soaked up the sun, sand, and surf, and then went to lunch at a beachside restaurant. We came home in the early afternoon (again just before the thunderstorms rolled in), and took some naps, and then went to a friend's house for dinner -- where I had about a gallon of wine. Oopsie. I wasn't even gonna drink; I was gonna be good, but then I just sorta tripped and fell into puddle of wine. It happens.

No biggie though because I didn't have to teach today. It's our "break" between sessions in the summer term. Yes, one day refreshes us and prepares us to start the second half of the summer -- yippie! But even though I didn't teach today, I did spend the morning in my office grading and prepping materials for my new class that begins tomorrow. Also, I was packing. See, the English department building is going to be remodeled during the upcoming school year, but that means we have to temporarily (for probably like a year, maybe two) move to different offices. So I've been busy packing up my office and preparing for the move, which will be July 8th.

And now you're totally up to speed on the current life and times of Jess. Exciting, isn't it? Tonight, I do plan to run. If I don't get rained out (currently, the dark clouds are rolling in and the thunder is rumbling out there). Man alive, it certainly has been the definition of the "wet season" here lately -- rain and thunderstorms everyday for at least 2 weeks. I might have to Scuba my way to work soon!

16 comments:

chia said...

Does rain and thunder translate into a bit of cooler weather for the Jess?

I hope to fall into a puddle of wine myself - there is fruit "curing" in the fridge now as I speak!

Happy Monday!

E said...

We saw "Get Smart" as well and I loved it - so funny.

I love how you just fell into a gallon of wine. :)

Kevin said...

...tripped and fell into puddle of wine.LOL

Its so weird how So Fla weather works. The inlaws were telling Cathy that it was dry for like the whole month of May and now its been nothing but raininy in June

Wes said...

Send some that rain up our way :-) I too like the puddle reference. It sounds so... I don't know... familiar!

teacherwoman said...

Super exciting! Sounds like you had a super weekend!

Marcy said...

That's my girl!! A gallon o wine in one sitting! Ever drink a whole box (are they gallon sized?)? I do not know since I'm not really a vino peep LOL

Erin said...

I had one hell of a headache today from that wine. Try not drinking for 10 months and then drinking a gallon of wine. Uff!

TonyP said...

Ah the beach...I wish. Nothing but thunderstorms here all weekend.

J~Mom said...

mmmm wine. I am not drinking while dieting. :<( Well I think I did have one beer.

J~Mom said...

My comment on the other post will not work but I said great recap and happy blogoversary. It's been fun to read and follow..I think for a year now, right? For some reason blogger keeps eating it.

Anonymous said...

Your weekend does sound relaxing. Hope the rain isn't adding to the humidity.

Anonymous said...

yeah i just finished complaining as to why, the week that J goes to summer camp (swimming) it has to rain every single freaking day...i mean what a waste!! and i have to ask- i am running a vball clinic at a certain university who is remodeling starting july 7th- down here...could it be!?!?!

and your place looks so cozy!! great job!

Stuart said...

Do us a favor and send some of those showers west...it's been a toasty week!

Mary Gee said...

Be careful of those puddles of wine...

Viv said...

I have "Get Smart" on plan for this week. The kiddo wants to see it. anything with that guy who he calls Noah(because of Evan Almighty) he wants to watch.

The Days of Jess & the gang are exciting. Wine, beach, beer, bowling. It is the life baby!

L*I*S*A said...

I hate when that happens.

I trip, slip and fall into a puddle of wine.

I'm glad I'm not alone.