TAT CN Header

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Race Registration and More Push Ups

Summertime in FL is not peak race season; thus, most race calendars have about, oh, say, 3 races scheduled in June, July, and August. Total. This is what makes the summer a good time to scale back on the running, like I've been, but at the same time, a race is a nice way to have some goal, something to look forward to, and that's why I registered for the Weston Independence Day 5K on July 4th (plus, I just love a race on a holiday -- makes me feel better about all the food and drink I will most certainly partake in later that day).

I registered for the 5K today, online, because last year, I ran this same 5K and ran into a snag on race day morning and had to bandit the race. This year, I'm not taking any chances. I pre-registered. I'm not expecting a PR (because, well, it's dang hot out there and that slows me down), but I just want to run with a bib and a timing chip this year. I wanna be legit.

In other news, I continued with the 100 Push Ups Challenge today with Day 2 of week 1, and I did 16 total push ups. It was hard. I was still kinda sore from Tuesday's initial challenge -- sore abs and sore guns -- however, on the "max" set I was able to pull out 6 push ups this time instead of 5. That's progress, people.

Tonight, no running because it's bowling. Yeah! I hope they have Bud Light tonight.

20 comments:

Wes said...

Don't forget to factor bowling into the push up challenge! That is hard work!!! and the beer ups :-)

E said...

Nice job on the pushups. Don't have too much Bud light tonight. :P

Crissy Rae said...

I have been having a good beer vibe all day and I am confident they will have our Bud Light. We shall be unstoppable tonight!

Marcy said...

Ooohh yeah I remember that! The lady manning the tables a biznitch. I swear I'm not a stalker or anything, I just remember the most random shiz. And of course next week you'll find a mysterious package at your doorstep :P LOL JK!

lifestudent said...

You better hope those push-up-jelly-arms dont get in the way of your fierce bowling skills :)

Viv said...

Jess, I was looking for a July 4th 5k while in FL. i could not find any after endless searching. Weston is not too far from Hallandale is it? I might be game on that one. I will email you on it.

Viv said...

Have fun bowling. Geez I saw 5K in FL and bolted like a bat.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on race day holidays. Saying you raced makes you feel better about stuffing your face with food.

Nice job with the push ups!

Kevin said...

Great job on the pushup challenge. I really need to start that darn thing

teacherwoman said...

Sore abs and guns... that's gotta feel great! :)

teacherwoman said...

BTW, I might have to try that challenge!

Paul said...

Bud lights go down pretty smooth! Waiting to see the gun show..

Unknown said...

I was intrigued enough to click the link to that pushup challenge. It scares me. I'll have to live that one vicariously through your experience.

chia said...

Ouch, sore guns chuckin' a ball... you're braver than I Jess!

keith said...

I think pull-ups are the new push-up for summer.

You might be able to bowl even better with your new gunz.

MN Mom said...

I love the words:
Bud Light tonight...sounds like a poem.

Anonymous said...

Rock on with your bad self Push-up Princess. I am going to try and get my wife to do this challenge with me.

Don't forget - there is a thing called a "Race PR." Hence, if you run faster this year in the 5K than you did last year, then you will have achieved a "Race PR" and should reward yourself accordingly!

Nancy said...

I'm back and catching up. You've been a busy girl, miss 18 posts while I was gone. :D

I'm liking this pushup thing. Thanks for the link.

Nanc

sRod said...

Are you counting the Bud Light drinking as cross-training for your 100 Push Ups Challenge? I mean, technically those are arm curls you're doing.

P.O.M. said...

Races on big eating days are the bomb dizzle. Super Bowl Sunday, Thanksgiving, etc. Love it.

Enjoy double B's (beer and bowling).