TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Easy 3

Today was my day 1 of week 2 in The 100 Push Ups Challenge, but at the end of week 1, the program advises that those who feel as though they need to repeat week 1 before moving on to week 2 should do so. I felt like that. I mean, I can observe some progress, but I just thought I needed to repeat the first week in order to be better prepared to go to the next step of the challenge. So I guess this will be a 7 week challenge instead of just a 6 week challenge. I feel a bit like a kid who got held back a grade, but as long as I graduate, I'll feel okay in the end.

Aside from the push ups, I also got in an easy 3 miler, without the Garmin (I figure I don't need to always run with it -- taking a break once a week seems like the right amount of distance, and who knows? sometimes a little space only strengthens a relationship -- but thanks to those who gave me the heads up on Auto Pause; I didn't know that was an option). The run was fine, but it was super hot out, despite the fact that I held off until 8 pm to go. Today was brutal; it was the kind of hot + humid that peals the paint off cars -- that's tough to run in, yo.

19 comments:

Viv said...

You and the Garmin will only be stronger for this. LOL!

It is funny you use that being held back. Just funny not divulging being held back officially. You will still graduate with honors I'm sure.

Marci said...

Good to run without the Garmin once in a while. I should try that more often as well. It helps me remember why I run.. Good work with the pushup challenge!

E said...

I think I'm going to try running without the garmin.

You are not being "held" back with the challenge - you are just working on getting stronger! :)

TonyP said...

:)
You will eventually see that you will benefit from your heat training, especially when you get to the cooler months.

Anonymous said...

The kind of hot and humid that peels the paint off cars, that does not sound like nice weahter to run in. Good job for pushing through 3.

Anonymous said...

good luck with the push ups and great job running in the heat.

teacherwoman said...

nice job on getting the run in! Sometimes it's so nice to run without all the gadgets!

Anonymous said...

i did 12 the other day and my arms still feel like they are going to fall off. TWELVE. i'm pathetic.

chia said...

I got down to my knees, looked at the floor, put hands on floor, uttered an expletive and went and ate a banana spirulina and seaweed smoothie.

That counts as one, right?

GG getting out in that heat - just one step closer to Badwater at those temps :-).

Marcy said...

I seriously don't know how you do it, chica. Garmin and I are TIGHT so tight that thing never comes off when I'm running (even if it's a "whatever" run) Maybe I'll get it one of these days *sigh*

keith said...

it was time for a break, anyhow.

i don't know how you deal with that heat. i would be a puddle.

Nancy said...

I'm having trouble running here. I can't imagine what it's like there. You're doing good to get out there.

Kevin said...

I guess I just like to overanalyze my runs to much. I pretty much feel naked without my garmin. Though, I will wear it some times and not look at it till after my run

Mark C. Smith, "The Naked Runner" said...

First off, I LOVE MY GARMIN!! I don't run without it! Secondly, what a WOMAN, to want to do a hundred pushups! Great job, keep it up!!

Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, that's pretty much why I haven't ran for almost 2 weeks. Too hot/humid...oh and it rained every day.

At least you're getting through those pushups. They are my enemy.

Unknown said...

good job with the push-up challenge. sticking with it, even if it means repeating week 1, is progress!!

P.O.M. said...

I like to run SANS Garmin at least twice a week. We are only on a 2x a week dating circuit as too much time together might ruin a good thing. ha!

J~Mom said...

I took the initial test and I am starting in week 1, column 1..yeah..I have no upper body strength. I can't wait to see if I improve! Good luck with it!

sunshine said...

I got JP to do the 100 push up challenge with me. He hates me! :) Really, I should unleash his distain for me to you since that's where the inspiration started! :)