TAT CN Header

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

  • Someone asked me the other day if I were carrying twins.  I replied with: "No.  Just one potentially GIANT baby."
  • A student asked me the other day when I was due.  I told her May 29th.  "Oh, phew," she said.  "I've been worried that you might go into labor before our final on Monday."  "I shouldn't, so you needn't worry," I told her.  "Uh, good.  Worrying about that has been weighing on me!" she said.  "I'm sorry that it's been such a burden for you," I said, drily.
  • I was walking to an administrative building yesterday to deliver some paperwork, and a student (I presume he was a college student -- I don't know him, but he looked student-ish) asked me, bluntly: "What are you having?"  Me: "A boy."  "He's gonna be a BIG boy!" Thanks, dude.
  • On Monday evening, I was kinda jogging down the stairs when I ran into a colleague who gave me the stern warning: "Don't run!  You'll go into labor!"
If for no other reasons that the conversations and encounters above, I'm ready for this term to be over!  Thankfully, I only have a week left.

14 comments:

Heather said...

One week left? Wahoo! You should fake going into labor during a final just to freak em out. :)

teacherwoman said...

How lovely, huh?!

Marlene said...

Yikes, annoying all around! You're almost there.

P.S. my word verification is "gestrun" = gestation + run. hehe

Erin said...

Well, you are a little girl carrying potentially a very big baby in front of you. You look great, just ready to pop. Take it in stride. *It is annoying though. :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

All part of the plan to make expectant mommies eager for that delivery date.

fancy nancy said...

Don't people know that they should just say you look cute and keep the huge comments to themselves? Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. The sight of a pregnant woman is apparently associated with removal of the "talking filter" in some people around her, causing them to say silly, annoying and weird statements.

Marissa said...

WOW, your running is amazing! Glad I found your blog and pregnant with your second child? Congrats! Great pictures, you have a precious family!!! I love all of the marathon pics on your sidebar! Ahhh, hopefully one day that'll be ME :)

Newest follower, hope you'll stop by my blogs too!!!

MNFirefly said...

Wow!

Carly said...

Those comments are annoying. I never understood why people do not have a filter around a pregnant woman.

I got REALLY nasty toward the end of my last pregnacy to anyone that dared to make a comment regarding my girth. It was quite liberating spouting off equally rude comebacks and it shut people up real quick.

N.D. said...

people are so sweet.

Krissy said...

hahaha! don't you just love how concerned everyone else is for you when your pregnant? you know even if it comes across kind of odd at least they are concerned on some level!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh the inappropriate things people say to pregnant women! I can't wait!!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Let's not disrupt that girls final! :)