TAT CN Header

Sunday, April 03, 2011

April Showers...

Bring May Babies!

So, today, my friend Erin hosted a "sprinkle" (mini-version of full-scale baby shower -- although, I don't think she minimized her efforts in any way) on Caleb's and my behalf.  We enjoyed some great food (I do believe I ate about half a dozen cupcakes), some fun games, and some great girl chit-chat (however, those of us with kids may have scared the bejesus out of those who don't have children with our pregnancy and labor/delivery stories; but hey, they're like good war stories, and women seem to revel in sharing in the blood and guts, literally).

Plus, Caleb got a helluva lot of loot!  So, I can safely say that he will be handsomely outfitted for the 1st year of his life.

Here I am pre-gift opening. 
I feel as though I'm just awkwardly standing next to those gifts, so forgive the goofrific pose.
And, below, are a few shots of some gifts.



Jerry really likes this last one; he's just hoping there actually IS football this season!

This evening, I got all of the clothes we got as gifts washed, dried and put away, and there's just something weirdly fun about doing that before a baby arrives.  I remember how much I liked washing and organizing all of Norah's clothing before she was born.  Maybe because it's so clean and so orderly at this point, and I know that in a few months time, I'll just by shoving things into drawers, and the clothes will get stains and outfits will get mismatched.  So, I think it feels fun right now just because everything is so pristine, and I know it won't stay like that.  Which is fine; messy kids means that they're having fun, right?  I hope so.  Norah is often downright filthy by the end of each day!

Anyway, great shower, and I appreciated everyone who attended, as well as those who couldn't but sent their thoughts and gifts along.  We're so lucky to have the friends and family that we do.

And, now, I find myself wondering: It's Sunday evening already?  Where did the weekend go?

8 comments:

MCM Mama said...

You look adorable! How fun! I love cute little baby clothes too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! I agree...you do look great!

MNFirefly said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love baby showers! :)

fancy nancy said...

You look so cute!!! I remember the washing and organizing....ahhh those were the days when the laundry basket was empty and the drawers were organized....not so much anymore!

Erin said...

Glad you had a good time. It was fun to spoil Caleb (and you) and also get some much needed girl time in.

I was thinking I didn't need to make 48 cupcakes but you did your fair share of eating so I am glad I did! J/K :) There was too much food but it was good!

d.a.r. said...

Oh you look adorable!

And yes--I have found that all of my girl friends who are mommies love to share all of the gory details. Great birth control :)

Marlene said...

"Sprinkle" - what a fun idea! You look great and nice loot!!

Wes said...

You are much better prepared for round 2 :-)