TAT CN Header

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday, Funday

Today, my principle form of exercise came from walking around the zoo for a few hours.  In 90 degree heat.
Thankfully, there's the water play area for kids, which helped to refresh Norah, and it felt pretty good on my barefeet as well.
The zoo was fun, but we only spent a few hours and didn't even try to do the whole thing.  It was just too hot, and the sun quickly wore us all out.  Once in the car, Norah didn't even make it out of the parking lot before she was asleep.
And, honestly, I didn't last much longer and I was snoozin' too.  After nap time, Norah got to enjoy a new treat: A water table for the back porch.
Thanks to our HOA, who determined that the gas grill we had on our back porch was suddenly a fire hazard -- a fire hazard that had been out there for 6 years with no hazardous problem -- we had recently freed up a lot of space on the porch, so we figured there was plenty of room for "something fun."  Within seconds of it being out of the box, assembled, and appropriately filled with water, Norah had soaked herself, a nearby Scooter, and the porch.
As Jerry was examining the box, he asked: "Hey, how come the kids pictured on the box are dry?"

I don't know.  How can some people keep toilet paper on the roll or keep their kids from scaling the built-in bookshelves?  Some things are just a mystery.

Norah played with the water table both before and after dinner, at which point, we felt it was pointless to keep her clothed (her dress was absolutely soaked and she kept leaning into the water to submerge her whole head in the pool of water), and when it was time to come in, there were lots of tears and protestations.

Now, she's in bed, and quite frankly, I feel as though I'm not far behind.  Today wore me out!

12 comments:

Marlene said...

That looks likw such a fun way to cool down on a hot day.

P.S. It snowed here.

Anonymous said...

That elephant cut out photo-op is hilarious!!! Can't believe it's that hot already. :)

MNFirefly said...

I wish you could send the heat up to Chicago. We need Spring to arrive soon...and fast. It looks like you guys had fun.

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Shoo's five and still thinks water tables rock. ;o)

N.D. said...

so many fun things to do down south on the weekend, so jealous!!

lifestudent said...

We have a water table too - Brooke loves it. Every time its sunny she wants to "play in the water". I'm getting tired of explaining to her its still in the 40's ;)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a tucker out kid...

Erin said...

The water table will be enjoyed and thoroughly used this year :) The heat wears everyone out; especially pregos. Maybe Norah will let me come play with it!

runner26 said...

How fun! Can't believe it's so hot there already. Glad you got the water table.

Jess said...

Haha I missed Norah's little head in the elephant picture at first but then cracked up when I saw her at second glance!

Looks like you all had a fun day!

Krissy said...

That water table is awesome! I think I am going to invest in one of those for Eli this summer for our deck. Sorry about your grill BTW...that sucks!

Robin said...

I am just now learning of these water tables. That looks like tons of fun and something I'll probably end up getting for Eva in the future!

Looks like yall had a great day!