TAT CN Header

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hot and Tired

That about sums up how I feel these days.

I'm glad I won't be preggo again throughout the summer, as I was with Norah, but even now, with 4 weeks remaining until my due date, I feel as though the outdoors are nothing but an inferno, and inside doesn't feel a whole lot cooler to me (we set our A/C at 76 during the day and 74 at night -- yes, I could lower it further, and create a meat locker in the house, but I still don't think I'd be cool enough and I'm too cheap to pay the extra $$$ for running the A/C more).  After Norah and I's walk this morning, I had to come in and lay down in front of a fan for a bit, I was so hot.

Aside from feeling as though Antarctica wouldn't be cool enough right now, I'm also battling fatigue that feels like a flashback to the first trimester when I basically felt as though I could fall asleep anywhere, anytime.

I'm actually sleeping pretty decently at night lately, but during the day, I feel as though I could use about about 3 naps to get me through the day.  When I was this far along with Norah, I actually DID have that luxury, and I think I slept about 15 hours a day then!  Now, I don't really have that option.  Still, come about 10 am, I feel beat, so I have been taking the "easy/lazy" parenting route and letting Norah watch about 30 minutes of Sesame Street while I snooze next to her on the couch.  The past couple of mornings that I've done this, I've slept so soundly for that half an hour that I've dreamed!

It's a good thing Sesame completely entrances Norah and she doesn't move off the couch as she's watching it; otherwise, Scooter may call Child Services on me.

Thankfully, I am nearly done with my classes and end of term grading, so by this time next week, I can at least sleep in the afternoon.  And even though next Friday is Norah's last day of "school" for the summer (she's again staying home with me this summer), again, I can nap during her naptime in the afternoon -- at least until Caleb is actually born.

Then a whole new level of tired begins.  But, at least I should feel a bit cooler then, right?

10 comments:

David Goss said...

I can't get used to the Florida heat. I walked my dog twice early this morning just so I don't have to do it until late this afternoon. She's hiding in the closet right now even though the AC is on inside.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Enjoy those naps! Maybe baby Caleb will be a rock solid napper too.

N.D. said...

wow I can't believe only 4 wks left. Stay as comfortable as possible!!

Marlene said...

You gotta do what you gotta do! I don't know how you find the enetgy to do as much as you do. A few more weeks!

Tricia said...

hang in there hun

runner26 said...

I cant imagine the heat youre dealing with! I dontknow your experience after having Norah, but i definitely feel hot all the time. Almost worse than pregnancy ! Hope the next 4wks go fast for you!

Wes said...

hang in there chica! you're in the home stretch. summer time heat is no bueno when you're preggers, but I think you timed it just about right!

Unknown said...

I totally remember when I started to let Eli watch TV because I got so tired and needed to rest, it was right about where you are in the pregnancy! Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do, I was so drained I think we watched every Thomas the Train episodes available in our "On Demand" menu through Comcast one day! I felt guilty at first but Eli loved it and sat there so I could rest ;)

Krissy said...

ugh it did it again...I left that comment not my husband Adam!

MNFirefly said...

Please send some of the warm air upward. Enjoy the downtime right now for the next couple of weeks. It will go FAST!!