TAT CN Header

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Upcoming 10K

I have been planning and training for a 10K since December. In December, when I had looked at the race calendar, I could have sworn that there was a 10K/5K on February 25th, so that was the day I planned on running the race. However, after yesterday's race, I hopped online to register for the upcoming race and I find out it must be an imaginary race because it is not scheduled. There is a 5K that day, but no 10K.

After doing some scrolling through the calendar, I find that the next closest 10K in the area isn't until the middle of March. I suppose in some ways, this gives me more time to prepare, but I was set for the 25th of this month and this change throws me off. The calendar is filled with 5Ks in the next few months, but hardly anything longer than that. Perhaps I will have to open up my peripheral and search for some events further outside my short travel radius.

2 comments:

Liv said...

I'm sure you'll find something... there are races cropping up all over the place.
And congrats on your 5k PR!

Iron Jayhawk said...

traveling to races is fun! i'm hoping to get over to indiana for a race or two this year :) Otherwise...just run the course twice ;) ...if only it worked like that!