TAT CN Header

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Morning

Now that I have the puppy, every morning is an early morning, and for a person who would normally still be sleeping, it's a rude change of pace. However, I am finding that I am getting used to it, and that it even has some advantages. Like this morning, for instance, I got up, let the dog out, fed him, etc and then went for a five mile run (went really well -- weather was perfect), showered (even shaved my legs) and have managed to get a few other things done (mostly email and reading the paper), and it's only 9:30! What a miracle.

Of course, rising early has its counter affect -- going to bed early. Last night I was laying in bed watching the Olympics (so disappointed in hyped Bode Miller) and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I told my husband I was going to bed because I was exhausted, and he asked me what time it was. I looked at the clock and was surprised to see it was only 10 pm. Oh well. I was out and it felt delicious. Nothing like a wild and crazy Saturday night.

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a dog owner!! Is he at least sleeping through the night for you? When we first brought Phog home (our pug) he was a little over 2 months old. I'd have to get up once or twice through the night to take him out. It was brutal, because like you, we brought him home in February. Nothing says "Good morning" like a freezing cold walk around the block at 3:30am!!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I'd also like to make a special request...

More Scotter pictures, please!!!