TAT CN Header

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Smelling the Smell

I should have learned by now that the gym at 6 o'clock in the evening is a place I shouldn't wander into, but did I forget the last time I was there at that time? I must have. At first, there wasn't a single treadmill in sight (and I only really needed it to warm up on one because yesterday was a strength training day anyway), but after I'd made my first lap I spotted one that had just opened up. I trotted right over and snapped it up.

But while I was walking, I smelled a smell. Was it the fact that the gym was packed with sweaty people or was it the sweaty person right next to me? I'm not sure which, but it was the unmistakable smell of BO and it was stiffling. I only needed to walk for about fifteen minutes to get the blood pumping and the muscles ready for lifting action, so I was able to breathe through my mouth effectively until I could escape the stink. But lord, was it a stink.

The rest of the workout went fine, and my arms are sore today from yesterday's effort, but I am now reminded that week nights should be off limits, and I should know better than to pop up there. It's best to be able to exercise in a solitary area where you are trapped with only your own smell, and I smell like roses, so that's just pleasant.

No comments: