TAT CN Header

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Thirsty

I don't know why, but I have been so thirsty for water the past few days. I can't seem to drink enough of it. My lips are all dry and I feel like I have cat hair coating my mouth. What is wrong with me? I can't still be dehydrated from the drinking binge last Saturday; I usually have a pretty quick turn around in that department. Am I eating too much salt? Drinking too much soda? Taking too many aspirin? Talking too much in class?

All could be the culprit. But I am drinking water -- tons of it, and that means I'm running to the bathroom every fifteen or twenty minutes (which, by the way, I had the strangest smelling pee the other day; I really couldn't identify what I had eaten that made it smell so odd). On my way to school this morning, I even had to stop at a gas station on my way because I had to go so bad I thought I might burst; thankfully, it was a gas station I had stopped at before so I knew the bathroom was in decent shape.

But what is up with this? Hydration is one of the few things I do right. I don't eat all that healthy and I don't always stick to my training schedule, but I do manage to drink my fair share of water, so why is it not taking?

2 comments:

Liv said...

What's the weather like down there? It might just be that. But if you're that thirsty for a couple of days, and hydrating properly doesn't fix it, you might want to ask a doctor, just to be on the safe side.

Iron Jayhawk said...

It's been super dry up here lately and as a result, I'm insanely thirsty...and like you, running to pee every 30 minutes.

I think a lot of it has to do with the weather...