Just as Kryptonite zaps Superman of his super-human strength, the humidity, today, zapped me of my strength, speed, and will to run. See, it rained this afternoon and that cooled things off a bit, so with the cloud cover and the reduced temp, I figured an early evening run -- instead of a late evening run -- might be possible. I neglected to think about how the 81% humidity would probably bitch slap every intention I had.
Within the first mile, I felt like I had concrete blocks strapped to the bottom of my shoes and my thoughts were disjointed strings of profanity; while I was able to run for the initial 2 miles, in the 3rd mile, I totally lost my endurance and a quarter of a mile into that mile, I had to walk. I walked for about half a mile and then found the last shred of motivation to jog the final .2 miles to finish up a very pathetic 3 miler.
3: 13:35 (fuckity-fuck)
Total Mother Fucking Time: 32:54
I know that bad runs happen just as surely as good ones do, but it doesn't make me any less angry about it.
Glad I didn't get to run right after work since it was raining in Deerfield Beach when I left work. Now I'm not too excited about an evening run, either. Stupid humidity.
Ouch! That stinks!
Ya, 81% humidity is no fun. Good for you for getting out the door and running. I am sure it would have been easier to just walk back in the house.
I'd be bitching too. The fact that you can ever run in that shiz amazes me.
Serious kudos to you for staying motivated, it's a struggle to get from my car to the air conditioned gym door these days without dying of heat stroke. This humidity sucks!
man, considering that I can walk 3 miles in about an hour, you're doing a great deal better than me.
I hear ya about humidity though, that's one jerkface that'll smack people around.
obviously, I forgot to point out, (cursed red stripe) that my 3-mile run time is considerably slower than my 3-mile walk time, you're doing a great deal better than me.
The heat and humidity makes you run slower. You should see what it does to my heart rate monitor. That's a biological fact!!! Getting angry about it isn't going to change the way your body operates! You are a speedy peep! We all know this to be true :-)
Yuck. That humidity can be brutal. Nice work despite it.
my 11 minute mile ass would be proud of that run in the florida heat :)
go easy on thy-self!
I know that story. 80 degrees, 80% humidity = frustration. I'm convinced it gets easier as the summer wears on. at least I hope so. hope you had the chance to get all your fucks out on that mile.
Still, your mother-fucking time is better than mine on certain days.
Don't sweat it.
I would have thrown in the towel at mile 2 - you're bad ass for even sticking with it.
Screw the clock.
Your posts about the humidity reminds me of the 11 years that I spend living in Miami. Forget the last mile of that run.
Your still an inspiration though!!!
I went out and walked last night and came back with bugs all over me! my daughter was grossed out, I got one in my eye and it was just gross.
at least you got out there! i went out there for hills, got bitch slapped not by heat and humidity but by something else, and i left.
honestly i would rather be burnt alive by scorching sun and humidity than to have to go through...eh...
i forgot this is YOUR blog.
glad you didnt puke or pass out. be thankful for the little things hon.
That rain is a double edged sword, it cools things down, but makes it even more humid. Way to get the job done and push through it
At least you got out there. Miller and I were going to walk a couple times yesterday but everytime I headed to the door, the black clouds and thunder loomed overhead. I did do my stomach excercises (well, the first lazy set). I am supposed to do them 2-4 times a day. I am slowly building. LOL!
Hope you cooled down with a cold beer afterwards. :)
ugg. I don't know how you do it every summer.
81% humidity...if that leaves only 19% non-humidity, then is it safe to say that you were 19% away from a swimming workout??
1. That humindity is a bitch every summer. My speeds drop like a tank.
2. I've never understood the humindity measure. What does 100% mean? Pure water?
This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks! :)
Thanks now I am totally looking forward to going to hell in a couple weeks! You still kicked ass and when it cools for one month out there your will be blowing out 8's.
Post a Comment