TAT CN Header

Friday, September 08, 2006

Argghhh...

This morning after I got out of the shower, I was standing at the bathroom sink brushing my teeth and I could hear Scooter gnawing on something. Now, Scooter gnaws on a lot of things: His toys, pieces of bark and rock he brings in from outside, as well as things he's not supposed to gnaw on. Lately, he's been chewing remote controls, and last Saturday he demolished a flip flop (thankfully it was $2 pair from Target, but still).

Because of his recent chewing behavior, I put down my toothbrush, mouth still foamy from the toothpaste, and I went into the bedroom to investigate; there he was with one of my brand new running shoes in his wicked little jaws! These shoes are seven days old, seven days!

With toothpaste spilling down my chin, I yelled and tore the shoe away from him (he might have thought I had rabies). He hung his head in shame and he followed me into the closet where I put the shoes up on a higher shelf and he tried to give me the puppy eyes that melt my heart, but I would have none of it. He had to live with his guilt until I got home from class.

I am now able to love him again, and thankfully, he didn't manage to do too much damage (the frayed heel and some teeth marks on the tread are about the only evidence of his attack), but I was still mighty pissed. My shoes are not to be confused with chew toys!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Its all part of my Master Plan Jess. Your precious little Scooter is easily boughten by peanut butter flavored dog treats. I would be sleeping with one eye open from now until race day, it's funny how Scooter seemed to know exactly what I meant by gnawed off achilles tendon.

Anita said...

Despite their wretched behavior at times, we remain under their power. While I have no dogs to chew my chews, I have two light haired cats who love nothing more than to lay on top of my black walking shorts fresh from the dryer. They make us nuts but we can't live without them, eh?!

MNFirefly said...

Naughty Scooter! I would seriously FREAK if I saw my dog do that to one of my shoes. He might be bored with the chew toys and needed something new. It's part of being a puppy.

Neese said...

lol ohhhh the sweet innocence in his eyes!!! glad the damage wasn't extensive!

teacherwoman said...

That's too bad about the shoe! But, he is awfully cute!