TAT CN Header

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

Despite the fact that my teammates did drink last night at bowling, it only helped us out a little. We bowled pretty well; it's just that the other team bowled better. Oh well, they were a really nice team to play, and that always makes it more fun and makes you feel less bitter about losing. And I guess next week, my teammates just need to drink more.

So...yeah...I really don't have anything exciting to report. Ran 3 miles today. Got it done in 29:56, so I barely slid in under that 30 minute marker, but in my defence, there was a strong headwind on my return route. That, and I'm pregnant. That's an invaluable excuse that I get to use until August. Sweet.

The wind is blowing in some kind of storm I think. It was cloudy and kinda spitting rain all day, and supposedly a "cold" front is moving into the area this week. I put "cold" in quotes because cold to South Floridians is nothing like the cold many of you are currently experiencing; but still, if it dips down to the 40s or 50s, you can bet your britches I'll see people in parkas. And that may be because I'll be looking in the mirror.

15 comments:

Aron said...

lol :) its been usually warm here - weather is just being a little crazy everywhere. great job on the run and i would be using that excuse for the next 8+ months too :)

teacherwoman said...

Maybe the "wind" you are getting down their is the affects of our blizzard like conditions up here! LOL

Aka Alice said...

I still use the "I gave birth" excuse...I'll use that one until the day I die.

SoCal peeps are the same way about wearing parkas when it drops below 60ยบ. If we weren't, we'd almost never get to wear a coat!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when they say a cold front is blowing in. We are suppose to get one this weekend with the temps dipping into the teens.

MN Mom said...

It frosts my cookies when the weather guy in So. Fl. says fridged weather! He has no idea.

Unknown said...

40-50 deg and people in parkas. that just cracks me up thinking about it...

Laurel said...

You're growing organs. You are allowed to be slower. That's tough work.

I love how your pregnancy is going to cause everyone else to become alcoholics.

X-Country2 said...

Great run! I'm FINALLY in Florida today from Nebraska, and I'm pretty excited about your 40-50 degree weather. It was -4 when I left today. :o)

Marlene said...

It's -11F here right now. I can't warm up for the life of me!

Marcy said...

LMAO! "britches" ohhhh man my Granny uses that word all the time. Not that your Grandmotherly or anything like that :P

Carolina John said...

a parka in the 40's or 50's? that's wimptastic.

Ian said...

This past week the temps here in CO hit 48 and I used it as an excuse to get back into shorts and a T-shirt instead of all my warm gear.

Wes said...

Bah! You don't need any excuses! Besides, everybody knows a swelling belly tugs you forward, forcing you to run faster ;-)

Unknown said...

I am with you on the cold thing. Here in south Texas it has been windy and cold just like yours 30-50's. Here that is cold, but I think the humidity makes it feel worse than a dry cold.

Heather said...

You have to get all the mileage out of that excuse that you can! Of course, once the baby's born you can start using the, "I just had a baby," and "I have an infant and never sleep, what do you expect?" excuses.