TAT CN Header

Monday, January 19, 2009

Electric Fetus

As of 11 weeks and 1 day, the growing baby goes from being an "embryo" to a "fetus" so as of yesterday, I am now carrying a fetus. I don't why there's the seemingly arbitrary 1 day tacked on to the 11 weeks (must mark something significant in terms of growth), but that's what the info tells me.

So, from here until the day of delivery: It's a fetus.

As to what we've been calling it? (Yes, I realize I just reeferred to the baby as an "it" -- I can't wait until a few months from now when we know the sex of the baby so I can use a gender-specific pronoun; otherwise, using "he or she" seems cumbersome.) We've been referring to the newly developed fetus as "Little Baby Bear." Or LBB for short. Mostly because I always call Jerry "Jer-Bear" and he calls me "Jess-Bear," so we figure we'll have a little baby "bear." We have also transferred other terms of endearment that we use for each other to the baby; for instance: I call Jerry "Big Tuna" (if you watch "The Office" you know where that came from) and he calls me "Little Tuna" so we sometimes referr to the baby as "Tiny Tuna."

As for actual names? Yeah, we've done some considering in that department. And we can agree on a girl name, but not a boy name, so I think we'll just shelve the name business until we find out the baby's sex, then we'll return to the arguing if need be.

In other news, we both have the day off today and it's nice to enjoy a 3 day weekend. Although, while having some friends over last night for dinner and some games, etc, we discovered that two martinis for Jerry -- school night or not -- are too much. He will puke and then crawl into bed in only his underwear even though company is still over. No one ever said we don't know how to be good hosts.

So he's got a bit of a hangover for his day off (kinda like the feeling I've had every single day for the past 5 weeks!). As for me, I don't have much planned for the day. I think I may lay on the couch and read some, later I'll probably run, and tonight we have bowling. Should be a relaxing day.

Hope many of you also get to enjoy a long weekend, and if you are, I hope those drinks you had last night (because it was like an extra Saturday) aren't slowin' ya down today!

32 comments:

Shannon said...

Can't wait to see the "fetus" pictures. Have a great day off, put your feet up.

Marcy said...

Have you had an u/s yet Jess?

Finding out the sex is always fun (or mortifying. I'll never forget the look on Mr McG's face when we found out we were having another girl HAHA)

Carolina John said...

We always thought that naming the baby was the hardest part. Wait until after the 20 week ultrasound, then maybe you won't hvae to come up with a boy's name. that's what we did.

Marlene said...

Aww, cute baby nicknames!

Hope you enjoy your relaxing day, and that Jerry feels better soon!

X-Country2 said...

Aww, Tiny Tuna. :o)

Enjoy your day off and let Jerry borrow some of your Saltines.

Erin said...

I am still miffed at Jerry's "I am so tired. I am just gonna go lay down," comment from last night. Oh well, my tummy still hurt so it was a good excuse for us to leave early. Mr. Froyd didn't fair too well after those martinis either. Glad I stuck with water.

Anonymous said...

Love the names!!! Be careful because sometimes they stick. I am still calling my oldest MONKEY!!! Which he really appreciates when he is surround by all of his friends.

Unknown said...

My mom keeps calling me with new names to suggest, but we've decided not to worry about names until we know what it is - you know, save the arguments all together! ha ha. Congrats on the 'fetus', the website I've been following said it was a fetus last week for us (9 wks) - strange!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fetus!
Hope Jerry feels better and you both enjoy your day off.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Jerry made it to bed and took off his clothes, that's an accomplishment for me when I get in that 'condition'... Happy MLK day.

Aron said...

LOL @ tiny tuna :) love it!! i love the nicknames people come up with :) enjoy your day off!

keith said...

Please name the child Asics McMarathon AwSnap.

Thank you.

Jess said...

Haha I love that you call the baby Tiny Tuna!

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight:

If you call Jerry "Big Dork" then by default you are "Little Dork" and the baby is either "Tiny Dork" or "Mini Dork"

OK

Teacher Pursuits said...

AW, poor Jer Bear. Hangovers SUCK.

And yay for fetus!!! So you ARE going to find out the gender? We are too and I can't wait... I am super anxious to call it a he or she... though I tend to call it a he.

We've tabled the naming game as well... we have a couple that we like but nothing really that we're dead set on for either gender. Its a lot of pressure to deem a child. ;)

Neese said...

"He will puke and then crawl into bed in only his underwear even though company is still over." is cracking me up!! poor Jerry

J~Mom said...

Big Tuna...LOL!! Poor Jerry...that sounds funny but probably painful for him.

Anonymous said...

Picking out a name is always fun. Just don't make the mistake of telling others. Everyone has an opinion!

Kevin said...

Cute nicknames

Unknown said...

i just love your nicknames for each other and "fetus".

i had to work today (bleck!) - hope you had a nice day off.

oh - and you have PLENTY of time to work on names. i'm sure you'll agree on something when the time comes.

teacherwoman said...

Everyone seems to be finding out the sex of their baby these days. It's exciting to find out, but when I think about what I would want, I think I would like to be surprised. Ask me when it happens, I might change my mind.

Little Bear... too cute!

lifestudent said...

We were the same - agreed on girls names (many of them) but were leery on boys names. We didnt find out the gender and I was just really hoping for a girl because if we had a boy I think we would have had baby-name-remorse ;)

audgepodge said...

Haha... I love your nicknames for each other and the baby! And dude, The Office rocks!

Brianna said...

You've got plenty of time for names! It took seeing our son before we finally settled on his middle name. Our daughter's name was picked about 2 weeks before D Day (delivery day).

I'm partial to your nickname of Tiny Tuna. :)

MN Mom said...

Shannon and I once drank too many martinis and suffered for it. Those things kicked me in the ass...never again.

RE:jeans...don't you want any of your jeans in the quilt? Just one to tell LBB later? Jer's are great though they will work good. I am not going to do it untill I know boy or girl.

Steve Stenzel said...

I like LBB!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Stuart said...

The babies sex will be derived from Jerry so if he has 10 brother, 10 uncles and no sister or aunts well you see where I am going!

With all these bears watch out for Goldilocks bowling up on your front step!

P.O.M. said...

Two martinis = puking and undies???? I can at least do three.

I love the nicknames. I still call my best friend's baby "baby bear" because it's their last name and it just makes sense :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

LBB and Tiny Tuna - love it! - much better than "it."

Anonymous said...

Love the nicknames! Finding out if it's a boy or girl is always fun. We knew our second son was a boy even before the tech told us. Shoo was apparently quite proud of his boy parts LOL.

sRod said...

Sounds exciting!

Nancy said...

OMG, OMG, OMG. Where have I been? Seriously. I am so excited for you I am just dying and smiling. This is so cool, Jess. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.