TAT CN Header

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday's This and That

As some of you may remember, Jerry has taken up running with me on occassion, and he even completed his first 5K at the Turkey Trot back in November. Since then, he's kept up with the running a few times a week, and has primarily stuck to running the 3 mile loop in our neighborhood. But last week, after finishing a 3 miler together, he commented: "I think that's the first time we've finished and I feel like I could go farther."

"Well," I told him, "that means it's time to start going farther."

So last night we went for 4.25 miles (43:05), and it was a good run. He was able to run the entire distance without walk breaks and it was the farthest he's ever run! Soon, my devious plan to turn him into a runner will be in full swing, and he will want to join me for longer and longer runs, and before you know it, he too could signing up for all kinds of races! *Insert Mr. Burns steepled fingers and evil laugh here.*

As a side note to that 4 miler yesterday, I ended up wearing shorts and a long-sleeved tech shirt. I was cold at first, but certainly warmed up, but still, I never felt too warm for the shirt. And today, the cold here continues with temps again in the 40s. Thankfully, I've elected to take a rest day today, so I don't have the dilemma about what to wear for a run in temps that are again frigid.

Lastly, I was tagged yesterday by Marlene. So, the rules are simple: Just list 5 things you're addicted to and select five more fab bloggers to receive the award.

This is a bit tricky because before being pregnant, I would have listed: coffee, Diet Pepsi, beer, Advil, and running. But now it seems that only one of those things can continue to be on this present list. Here goes:

1. Running. Still addicted. And I maybe appreciate it now more than ever; or at least, the appreciation is entirely different.

2. Whole wheat toast with creamy peanut butter and raspberry jam. This combo has been a staple for breakfast, dinner, and snacks lately since it sits well, fills me up and has some healthy qualities.

3. Ditto to Kashi's Go Lean Crunch. That cereal has had a pretty high success rate lately.

4. Gala Apples. Something about the sweet crunch of these apples is so satisfying lately. I have literally been eating 1-2 apples a day.

5. "How I Met Your Mother." Love the new episodes, love that its been sindicated on Lifetime, and love re-watching the first season on DVD. Nothing but laughs with that show.

So, I'm not gonna tag anyone because I don't who's already been tagged and who hasn't, but feel free to consider yourself tagged, if you haven't been yet, and go ahead and tell us about 5 of your addictions!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to convince my husband to run. But now I think he is more addicted than me! It makes me so happy to have someone to train and do races with!

Kelly said...

I just have to say I'm totally addicted to How I Met Your Mother too! I didn't start watching it til this year because it airs on my station, but now I LOVE. I even bought the first season (I don't care if I see it twice on Lifetime!). Good luck turning our husband into a runner!

Anonymous said...

A witch! A witch! Jerry beware...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, How I Met Your Mother rocks. Although I am also addicted to "Chuck." Thank God for Tivo.

Marlene said...

Mmmm, I love gala apples. And now I'm crazinv peanut butter toast. Yum!

'Grats to Jerry on his increased mileage!

Marcy said...

#3 doesn't give you gas? All that Kashi stuff gives me the worst gas :-X

Neese said...

where is Jerry's blog!? :) Jerry Jerry!

teacherwoman said...

You are bringing Jerry over to the dark side! How did you do it?!

Great list of addictions!

Crissy Rae said...

Go Jerry! Pretty soon he'll be ready for a half marathon, especially if he could be rewarded with a new video game upon completion.

I "heart" apples too. They are my go-to snack at work.

Anonymous said...

Good job Jerry! If he keeps this up, he can share the running stroller duties when the baby is old enough to run with you guys.

And I'm hungry now and I blame you. ;o)

Carly said...

Yay Jerry! That is great you have a running partner. My hubby won't even entertain the idea.
Sorry about the cold weather in FL. I wish I could muster up an evil grin but it is back to below zero tomorrow.

Great list of addictions too.

Michelle Simmons said...

Watch out getting Jerry addicted to running, because once the baby comes you'll be scrapping for free time and arm wrestling to see who gets to go for the run (without the baby jogger) on Saturday mornings! ;)

Unknown said...

Florida was cold! I was at Kennedy Space Center from Sunday to Wednesday and it was COLD. It was warmer in Houston. lol. Never would have believed that would happen. Had a great time. I go back again in 2 weeks for the shuttle launch.

Shannon said...

((((evil giggle))))))

My husband is doing his first Triathlon in May. Who says they can't be trained?

Unknown said...

It is cold here in SC too. I agree with you that 40s are frigid! I love How I Met Your Mother, so funny.

Anonymous said...

Jerry is doing great! How fun that you'll have a running partner. I love anything with peanut butter. After reading this post, I could go for a nice apple.

Wes said...

We are an EEEEVIL influence, are we not? Actually, we are the ANSWER to America's obesity problem ;-) or beer shortage...

Jess said...

Haha that is my secret plan with the BF too...I'm right with you on Mr. Burns and the evil laugh haha

Lily on the Road said...

I'm cracking up at all of the comments!

Now I want peanut butter on my apple!

Heather said...

Way to go Jerry! I'm addicted to How I Met Your Mother too . . . it's one of the few shows that I love watching the repeats of.

lifestudent said...

I'm wondering how you eventually got Jerry to cave. I have been unsuccessful with my hubby :(

Also...I drank coffee all through my pregnancy. My doctor said that cutting out something my body was used to was not necessary, but drinking 6 cups a day was not ok. I had a latte every day (and occasionally a Coke on top of that) and never had an issue!

MNFirefly said...

I LOVE HIMYM too. I even Josh addicted too.

Laurel said...

I LOVE How I Met Your Mother. I didn't know they were playing it on Lifetime now!

Gala apples with peanut butter are the best.

Aron said...

i eat kashi go lean crunch almost everyday too :) YUMMMM