As some of you may remember, Jerry has taken up running with me on occassion, and he even completed his first 5K at the Turkey Trot back in November. Since then, he's kept up with the running a few times a week, and has primarily stuck to running the 3 mile loop in our neighborhood. But last week, after finishing a 3 miler together, he commented: "I think that's the first time we've finished and I feel like I could go farther."
"Well," I told him, "that means it's time to start going farther."
So last night we went for 4.25 miles (43:05), and it was a good run. He was able to run the entire distance without walk breaks and it was the farthest he's ever run! Soon, my devious plan to turn him into a runner will be in full swing, and he will want to join me for longer and longer runs, and before you know it, he too could signing up for all kinds of races! *Insert Mr. Burns steepled fingers and evil laugh here.*
As a side note to that 4 miler yesterday, I ended up wearing shorts and a long-sleeved tech shirt. I was cold at first, but certainly warmed up, but still, I never felt too warm for the shirt. And today, the cold here continues with temps again in the 40s. Thankfully, I've elected to take a rest day today, so I don't have the dilemma about what to wear for a run in temps that are again frigid.
Lastly, I was tagged yesterday by Marlene. So, the rules are simple: Just list 5 things you're addicted to and select five more fab bloggers to receive the award.
This is a bit tricky because before being pregnant, I would have listed: coffee, Diet Pepsi, beer, Advil, and running. But now it seems that only one of those things can continue to be on this present list. Here goes:
1. Running. Still addicted. And I maybe appreciate it now more than ever; or at least, the appreciation is entirely different.
2. Whole wheat toast with creamy peanut butter and raspberry jam. This combo has been a staple for breakfast, dinner, and snacks lately since it sits well, fills me up and has some healthy qualities.
3. Ditto to Kashi's Go Lean Crunch. That cereal has had a pretty high success rate lately.
4. Gala Apples. Something about the sweet crunch of these apples is so satisfying lately. I have literally been eating 1-2 apples a day.
5. "How I Met Your Mother." Love the new episodes, love that its been sindicated on Lifetime, and love re-watching the first season on DVD. Nothing but laughs with that show.
So, I'm not gonna tag anyone because I don't who's already been tagged and who hasn't, but feel free to consider yourself tagged, if you haven't been yet, and go ahead and tell us about 5 of your addictions!