TAT CN Header

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Karma Police

Remember what I said yesterday about how preggo-karma bitch slaps a girl just when she says she's "feeling much better"? Yeah...I should listen to myself better.

After hitting "publish" on that post last night, I was still feeling good after my 3 miler, so Jerry and I decided to go out to dinner. I was starving, so I ate my fill, and immediately began to feel like crap again. On the ride home, I felt like a pile. Once we got home, I changed into sweats and laid down on the couch hoping the nausea would pass and I could keep my dinner in my belly.

No such luck.

I made it about 20 minutes and then had to make a quick jog to the bathroom in order to barf up my entire dinner. So, as a side note to yesterday's side note: Rice hurts to throw up. I don't know why, but it does.

So yesterday turned out to be a total bust in terms of feeling good. Thankfully, today's a different day.

Granted, I was a little "iffy" this morning, but I didn't yak, and I have been feeling pretty good all day (knock on wood -- I swear Karma, I won't be so callous again!). So with a barf-free day and cool temps outside, I decided to go for a 5 miler.

It went well and I was able to finish in 49:48 for an average 9:58/mile pace. I actually think I could have been a bit faster but it was a bit breezy in the first and last miles, and while I know most of you are suffering through bitter cold temps right now, and my next statement is gonna seem like blasphemy, but I'm enjoying these cooler temps we're having this week. It's been between 50-70 degrees, which is perfect for running. It's cool and dry, but not too cool or dry.

I know, I know, for those of you who are suffering through absurdly cold weather right now, you're probably thinking "dagger" thoughts at me for referring to such temps as "cool," but all I can say to that is: Come to Florida! It's glorious here this time of year!

Trust me, in August, you won't hear me singing FL's praises, but for now, I am truly appreciating our temperate climate.

23 comments:

Shannon said...

Wish I could go run with you tonight and your "cool" temperature. Virginia is getting the "cold air smack down" tomorrow, temps won't get any higher than 20.

It'll be colder than a well-diggers shovel handle. :)

So whatcha craving?

d.a.r. said...

As much as I want to shoot you with death glares because I just got in from my 9 degree run, I won't. I went to college in FL and remember training runs in August when I would seriously feel like my insides were melting, and being soaking wet the second I walked outside from a combo of humidity and sweat. So, I will let it pass :) Enjoy your nice temperatures!

Marcy said...

I'm cool with you Floridians having nice temps now. It's only fair. You all sweat your buns off during summer LOL

Anonymous said...

Nic job on the 5. Sorry to hear about the nausea.

At least someone is having some nice temps.

teacherwoman said...

No dagger thoughts here. Just jealousy. Heck, 50-70 degrees and dry... that is awesome. soak it up chica... I will have that in May and part of June, as well as September! I will enjoy it then!

Unknown said...

50-70 isn't what I would consider cool, but it does sound AWESOME

Anonymous said...

Glad you felt a bit better today and had a nice run! I'd say I'd take my cold now and a cooler summer, but VA gets pretty darn hot in August too.

Mendy said...

Nice 5 miler Jess. Glad you had a better day. In a few weeks, hopefully you won't have that nauseau feeling anymore.

It's getting cold tonight for here (more than normal).

Carly said...

Our school was canceled for tomorrow because of the cold. I am seriously looking into Florida real estate.

Oh man...I feel bad for you. There is nothing worse than morning (all day) sickness. It is like a hangover that will not go away. Nice job on the run!

TNTcoach Ken said...

It's probably bad karma to think dagger thoughts of a pregnant woman, so I won't. We're having school closings due to the balmy weather here. Enjoy it while you can.

Sarah said...

We're on our fourth day of -37 degrees Celsius in the morning (don't ask me what that is in Fahrenheit - I'm Canadian - I have no idea lol).

I am jealous of you. :)

Teacher Pursuits said...

You sound like my Mom... who lives in Florida. She frequently calls me just to ask what the temp is in RI... when I say "Its 11 degrees or about -3 with the windchill... so cold that they cancelled school 2 days in a row" she retorts with "well, it IS kind of cool here too... you know, 50 is COLD for Florida!" Oye vey.

Anyway - its funny you say the karma thing... the one day I complained of feeling "too well", the next day I was bed ridden... headache, exhaustion, and nausea... though I never yakked. But you really should be in the clear in a few weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

nwgdc said...

Sorry to hear about the rice...I hate barfing anything...but for some reason rice does sound worse. Note to self made.

raulgonemobile said...

Yeah.. I kind of want to live in Florida in the winter and move back north in the summer. I'd be like the old people doing that. Sigh.

Good luck with the whatever-time-of-day sickness..

Heather said...

Hopefully when we're 80 and it's acceptable to live in FL for the winter and MN for the summer we will still be able to run and enjoy good running weather all year round! Hope you feel better today.

Jess said...

Well I am jealous of your nice "cool" temps I promise not to send nasty evil karma thoughts your way...don't want you to be yakking up any more meals!

Running Jen said...

Yeah, I won't be signing FL's praises in August either. I love the winter here, but am miserable in the summer! Sorry you got sick, the worst thing I ever vomited when I had morning sickness, was pasta. Oh gosh, red sauce coming back up, just awful. I hope you feel better, that's great that you got a good run in!

Marlene said...

It's okay, no dagger thoughts. It's somehoe refreshing to know the weather is nice somewhere in the world! Enjoy it.

Midwest said...

I may be experiencing artic temperatures, but at least I don't have morning sickness. I think you've got it worse. Hang in there - I found that it stopped almost as soon as I hit the 2nd trimester.

Laurel said...

Enjoy those temps! At least you aren't going though the horrors of morning sickness while it's 95 degrees with 95% humidity.

Laurel said...

P.S. Karma Police is one of my favorite songs ever.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Drats! I hope you get over this stage soon - it's sucky.

sRod said...

Sigh. Wifey is off to Miami today and tomorrow for work.

It's funny, the weather that my family calls "frigid" is what my wife and I now call "nice."