TAT CN Header

Friday, January 09, 2009

My Future's So Bright

After class today, I faced my fear and had my blood drawn. It wasn't too scary. The lab tech was fast, and I barely felt a thing, but admittedly, I wasn't brave enough to look while she was doing it. Instead, I chose to carefully study the paint on the wall next to me while she filled vial after vial of my blood. The whole process probably took an entire minute, so I was in and out pretty quickly.

When I got home, it was as though Nike had predicted that I would like to be rewarded for facing the needle, and just as I pulled into the parking lot, FedEx pulled in behind me to deliver my new pair of sunglasses. Here I am modeling them before I tested them out on my afternoon 3 miler: I just look faster, don't I?

The shades are pretty dang nice. They have a secure nose-cushion-thingy-ma-jabber so they didn't slip, I work up quite a sweat, but they didn't fog, and they provided good, clear visibility. On the whole, they were so comfortable that as I was running, I forgot they were on my face. I'm pretty pleased with them. Plus, Nike included replacement lenses for each lens, which seems thoughtful, because it does seem likely that I'll drop them/step on them/sit on them.

And it was either the improved aerodynamic quality of the new shades, or just a feel-good day because I completed my 3 miler in under 30 minutes (29:21), which I haven't done in over a month. So, on the whole, a flippin' stupendous day!

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Niiiiiiice!

Running Jen said...

That's great! Love the new glasses!

runner26 said...

nice shades!

Anonymous said...

The glasses look awesome and way to face the needle. Glad you had such a great day.

audgepodge said...

Great looking shades - you definitely look speedier!

Carly said...

I like the new shades. They look nice on you. I agree, they are a great reward for getting stuck with a needle.

Aron said...

nice shades!!!! and awesome job on the run :)

Shannon said...

Cute, my Nike sunglasses make me look gay. :(

Stuart said...

Fast is as fast feels!

Anonymous said...

I really like the new shades. You look super cute.

RunningLaur said...

What a great reward!

Wes said...

flippin stupendous :-)

Kevin said...

Sweet looking shades

X-Country2 said...

Sexay! You totally look like legit FL runner.

Mary Gee said...

Flippin' Stupendous just has to be good!
You look marvelous!

Aka Alice said...

Awesome shades...I'm sure they're what made you so speedy today!

Laurel said...

Sweet, sweet shades.

For some reason I totally pictured a big, full bookshelf like that in your house.

E said...

Love the shades. They say that when you forget you are wearing them, that's how you know you have on a great pair of shades. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - I can see myself in your lens!

Marcy said...

Ooooohhh I like those!! Very nice :-)

J~Mom said...

Very nice!! I have a some real glasses on order as well. I have worn the cheapest pair for over a year now...I like them enough but they are terrible! LOL

SavvyFitChica said...

I don't know why, but I've always wanted an expensive pair of sporty sunglasses... I always lose my sunglasses though (leave them on a table someplace?).

You look quite snazzy and speedy in them for sure. I'm glad you're feeling better, at least for today!

And I missed your other post, so I want to say I'm glad you're doing your research... although listening to your body is probably some of the best research you can do!
kelsalynn

Unknown said...

Sweet shades. Nice run. Glad you made it through the needle!

Brianna said...

Fun little pick-me-up! :)

Unknown said...

Good job on the blood test. I normally have an anxiety attack and almost pass out. haha.

Cool sunglasses by the way ;-)

Marci said...

Looovvve your new glasses! Glad you had a great run!

Viv said...

Great glasses not only did you look fast but you were!Glad the blood draw went well.

Marlene said...

I can't look at the needle/vile while they draw my blood either... *shudder*

Sweet shades! They look great on you and awesome that they are so comfy. I need to invest in some good ones this summer. 'Grats on your quick 3-miler too!

The Boring Runner said...

Wow, I'm a super big baby when it comes to taking blood. I can't stand that.

chia said...

Even a mini-Jess in the oven doesn't stop you from being faster than me ;). Good woman!

Thanks for donating! My next gunshot wound from running in my hood thanks you ;-)!