Yep, you read that right (I put it in large font so you would). I am preggo. Now, after you get back up on your chairs and put your socks back on (I told you my "plans" would knock 'em off), I'm sure you have some questions, so allow me to pre-emptively guess at, and answer, some of them.
- I am almost 9 weeks along and we've known since Dec 5th, but I wanted to remain "mum" on the blog until we had the opportunity to tell all our friends and family. And thankfully, because we had already planned on being in MN for the holidays, we were able to tell most our family in person.
- I am due August 8th.
- No, this isn't an accident. Despite my sometimes derisive comments about "ankle biters," Jerry and I have both always wanted children, so we're both thrilled to be expecting our first!
- Yes, I've been a little sick in the past few weeks. Every day is different, and even every hour is different: Sometimes I feel great, completely normal, and then other times, I'm hunched over the toilet barfing. Eh, I just have to roll with it.
- Yes, I'm going to keep running. Two days after we found out, I ran the Palm Beach HM (remember that crappy time? now you know why), and even though I didn't run while in MN, I ran before we left, and have been running since we returned home (did a 3 miler yesterday evening, in fact). I have a TON to say on this subject, so I will post more on it later -- probably tomorrow.
- But I don't know what's in store in terms of racing. I don't want to plan anything because I don't know how I'll feel an hour from now, let alone a week, month or 3 months from now. Who knows? I may do some racing between now and August, but I think many of them will be last minute decisions: So no race calendar for 2009.
- No, I can't keep drinking. Sorry, loyal boozers, I haven't had a drop since Thanksgiving. Notice the lack of drunken bowling posts? And no mention of getting wasted while on vacation? Yeah, you try handling family for two weeks without a beer!
That's pretty much the low down. For now. Since I've been keeping this to myself for nearly a month, I have a stockpile of blog posts built up in my head, but I think I will allow you to absorb my incredibly awesome news, give you the time to thoroughly congratulate me, and get to those posts in the upcoming days.
Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to an exciting new start!