TAT CN Header

Monday, July 29, 2013

Square One

Yesterday morning, Jerry took the kids to the park and to run some errands so I could have some time and space to clean the house.  I just needed to be able to really clean things because it was driving me nuts, and I wanted everyone OUT.  So, he got back with everyone -- and the house was sparkling for that small window of time before they all returned! -- and he had decided to pick me up a treat: A Dunkin Donuts Iced Latte.

Dammit, Jerry!

He was being nice, and apparently, he didn't understand I was trying to quit it entirely (he thought I was going for "cutting back"), but I was faced with either drinking it and breaking my 10 day no-DD-streak, or essentially pouring $3 down the drain.

I like to stick to streaks, but I also HATE to waste money.

I drank it.

And, it tasted like shame.

So, I'm back to Day #1 of no DD.  And now Jerry understands that, under no circumstance -- even if I beg and plead for him to swing through a DD drive thru -- should he be a darling husband and bring his wife a treat.  Cuz starting over is tough.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I thought you broke the streak. Whew!

As for your addiction to DD...clearly you needed more space and time before confronted with it's sweet addictive lurings and being able to "just say no."

B. Kramer said...

It doesn't count if you didn't buy it. Them's the rules. Cheers!

Elizabeth said...

Once a week won't kill ya... It's good to treat yourself once in a while :)

Unknown said...

I can relate to this somewhat. I've been trying to cut out my dessert habit. And what does my husband say to me this weekend? "Want to go out for dessert?" Mind you, I was having a cruddy day and he was just trying to cheer me up, but the last thing I need is encouragement to eat more desserts!

Laura said...

You've totally inspired me to start my own No Caribou streak. I looked back at my spending there over the last 3 months - almost $150!!! INSANE! I'm on day 4 and going strong. It'd be a lot easier if the delicious aromas didn't waft through my office lobby all day!