TAT CN Header

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Rock Star

Last night I saw the Foo Fighters/Weezer concert, and even if I hadn't gone to spinning yesterday morning, I would have put in a sufficient workout at that concert. I was jumpin' around, dancing, and singing, and this morning my claves and my abs feel a little sore. I'm pretty sure I burned off all the calories I consumed in beer.

It's no wonder you hardly ever see a fat rock star. At concerts, they too are jumping, dancing, singing, and playing their instruments! They must burn tons of calories. In fact, some rock stars burn up to two or three pounds off onstage at a single concert. Angus Young, of AC/DC, said that he used to count on losing 5 or 6 pounds during the course of a night's show! That's incredible. Obviously, that means they are mainly shedding water in that time, but that still means you're burning off at least 6-7,000 calories in just a few hours.

Do I need any more motivation to be a rock star? It would be awesome!

No comments: