TAT CN Header

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Finally Feeling Fine

Today, I can say with utmost confidence that I am finally feel 100 % better and I believe I am completely healed. Of course, that is ruined by my foul mood. You see, Hurricane Rita, or excuse me, Tropical-Storm-Rita-might-turn-into-a-hurricane-Rita, is lurking just south of us here in South Florida, and it looks like she might hit the Keys pretty hard. But while there has been a warning posted in the county just to the south, there has, as of yet, not been a posting here in my home county.

Why does this peeve me?

No hurricane warning means I have to work. Classes are being held, and I don't want to go and teach. I'm lazy, yes, but I also think there shouldn't be classes, becausee well, I don't want to go. I want to go home and snuggle down in bed. I don't want to run today. I don't really want to do anything, yet someone is going to force me to. Well, I won't stand for it. I have taken action myself and have decided to cancel my own classes. Sneaky, huh?

Sometimes I wonder what students think when I cancel a class (which is, to defend myself, rare). Are they glad they don't have to sit through my class, or are they pissed that I didn't show up? Ah well, doesn't really matter. Of course, I feel a touch guilty about cancelling class. It's as if I'm engaging in illegal activity, but really, I obviously don't feel too bad about it; otherwise, I would just go.

Now, I'm going to go back to bed because it is dark and rainy outside and that bed is calling my name. Too bad sleep can't be counted as exercise. I do my share of sleeping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So my place of work decided to make it up to us by ordering us lunch. Well, it was supposed to arrive over half an hour ago and no such love yet! I am one hungry, fowl *itch right now.