TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Humidity

My run yesterday was awful. I decided that since it was cloudy outside, it would be fine to go for a run in the afternoon. I was about ten steps out the door when I knew that was a mistake. It was so humid, it felt like I was treading water instead of running, and after a mile and a half, I was so soaked in sweat, I was about five pounds heavier with my wet clothes. The sweat was running into my eyes, and I was miserable.

I walked the rest of the way, but I was still sweating like a monkey, and was completely uncomfortable. So much for that. What a week. I've barely exercised at all, and I am beginning to feel like a tug boat. Today is my busy day at school, so I don't really have time to workout, but tomorrow I vow to get back to the gym where it is appropriately cooled to a pleasant 78 degrees and where I can run easily.

Damn that humidity. Living in South Florida is like living under water.

No comments: