TAT CN Header

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catching Up

The past two days have worn me out -- apparently, sitting on my ass in a conference room, munching on donuts, and asking interview questions is tiresome. It's the sitting on my ass all day that I find particularly uncomfortable; I don't like sitting that much as it is, but while pregnant, it's even more uncomfortable.

So, it was nice this evening, after dinner, that we all went to the dog park and while Scooter doesn't particularly love to run at the dog park (he's dog-anti-social, but he does like walking around and sniffing grass and other dog butts), Norah does! For me, it was glorious to be outside, walking around while Norah enjoyed the plethora of "doggies!" and did some tree-hugging (does anyone else's kid do this? Norah literally will hug trees and sign posts; she also seems very interested in picking up and carrying around rocks lately).

In other news, I had a dr. check up yesterday, and everything is going along super-duper! Got the results of my glucose test, as well as other accompanying bloodwork, back and everything is a-okay. I'm even excellent on my iron levels, which I was a bit deficient on when preggo with Norah. So, that's all good, yo.

Lastly, my stepdad sent me an email with some outdated ads, and I thought this one advertising the breastfeeding benefits of beer to be particularly funny. I like what they say -- the malt and hops are GOOD for a baby! Awesome. Now, if only this Blatz Beer were still being manufactured...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blatz Beer can still be purchased in Wisconsin!

Wes said...

ahh, blogging while intoxicated... we miss the good ole days ;-)

BrianFlash said...

At least it is rocks. I hear there are much worse alternatives on the ground in dog parks.

And Blatz is definitely still available. And I'm sure it is just as good for a nursing mother as it has always been!

Marlene said...

I'm looking out my window at wildly blowing SNOW right now. Just thought you should know.

Hope you don't have to spend too much time sitting for the rest of the week!

N.D. said...

hope the rest of the week goes quickly for you!! Glad everything is going well too. Holy hell is right. I didn't stop nursing but I can tell my supply is going. After 2 weeks of moodiness, tears, and eating like whoa.. now this is insane as well!!!

Crissy Rae said...

Do you have any pics of norah and her tree/sign hugging? That has got to be so damn cute!

Krissy said...

ha! The beer thing cracks me up! My friend who is Polish drank "Karmi" it is a non alcholic looking bottled beer that she swore increased her production, I tried a sip of it and thought it was so gross but I guess that is what lots of people drink in Poland when nursing.

Jess said...

hahah oh man I agree with Wes, the days of your drunk blogging were awesome!

The Boring Runner said...

Man, I wish I was brestfeeding. That way I could get Blatzed whenever I wanted!

Agate Lake Girl said...

My parents always had Blatz in the fridge when I was growing up. Luckily, I know my Mom never breast feed me so there's no chance I was a Blatz baby!