TAT CN Header

Monday, March 07, 2011

Busch Gardens Weekend

Our weekend getaway to Tampa and Busch Gardens was a lot of fun; here are a few highlights:

On the train ride by "Africa": This was probably my favorite thing -- I loved seeing the animals out on the "African plain" and one giraffe was so close to the train I probably could have reached out and pet it! Norah running through the water park; this kid can't get enough of water squirting up from the ground. She played in the water park each day for a good, solid hour.
Norah on one of the rides in the Sesame Street area: She loved these cars and rode them more than once.
Chillin' in the hotel pool.
Norah getting rocket launched in the pool. She loves this. Every time Jerry would give her a break, she'd say "more!"
Norah and I at the Busch Gardens entrance: Norah and Jerry at the "A is for Africa" show, which is the central Sesame Street show. Jerry looks just as excited as Norah to see the cast of Sesame. Norah loved the show, loved seeing her Sesame friends from a distance but got a bit scared of them up close.
Norah chillaxin' in the stroller as we walked through the park:
Norah and Jerry by the gorillas; the zoo part of Busch Gardens is impressive.
Norah crashed out in her stroller:In the end, we spent two full days at Busch Gardens, and I'm glad we got the two day pass since there was so much to see and do there, it would've been hard to fit it all into one day. Norah was super good and did well over the entire weekend, especially considering that the only naps she took were in her stroller or in the car.

But, even though it was a lot of fun, it's good to be home this afternoon and I'm looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tonight!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a busy but probably exhausting weekend for everyone! Cute photos!

Stephanie said...

Super cute pictures! You look great.

Erin said...

Grandma and Grandpa Sladky were here this weekend. Miller kept asking if we were going to Busch Gardens since we go when we visit them. I need to take you along next time to document our trip with photos! Very cute. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Julie D said...

Glad she was good. I've seen SO many kids who don't take trips well. But this just means more travelling for Norah!

StephanieC said...

Looked like fun. My mother-in-law lives in West Palm Beach so we will be over in FL when we have kids of our own to take there. Really made me excited about it. Thanks for sharing :)

Heeh, the word verification for me is 'Toser' Which if spelt with two S's is kinda funny for its slight rudeness.

Krissy said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I could sleep just like Norah is in that stroller, what a life!

ajh said...

Super cute pics of Norah in the water! What an adventurous trooper she is.

lifestudent said...

Looks like a blast! I'm jealous :)

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Ah man, I miss my babies when they were that age! Great pics!

NICOLE said...

norah is the cutest! love the sunglasses.

Crissy Rae said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Norah is such a lucky girl to get to see all these great things.

Charbelle said...

So glad y'all had such a good get away trip!! Award for you on my blog :)

Stuart said...

Sure looks like you're getting the good weather!

Fun times and memories!

LeahC said...

hey, we are gonig to busch gardens in april (I think we are going to do a 1.5 day thing) but i was wondering what hotel you stayed in and if you liked it etc etc.You can email me at jasonleahrun@gmail.com

Agate Lake Girl said...

Looks like a great time! Love all the cute pics. :)