TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Okay, I Admit It

These are maternity pants.
And, no, I'm not pregnant again.  I just don't fit into all my work pants.  It's a sad place to be.

I'm within spitting distance of my pre-preggo weight, but I'm about 26.2 miles away from pre-preggo SHAPE.  So, some of my "regular" clothes fit...alright...but I honestly shed them as soon as I get home in favor of comfy sweats.  And while some pants and skirts technically button, etc, they do NOT flatter -- let's just say that Pudgy Belly is never "in."

So, this morning, I found myself in my closet trying to find a work outfit that I hadn't already cycled through a few times in the short weeks I've been back at work, and I was coming up with nada that was comfortable.  Thus, I reached for these maternity pants. 

They are indeed full panel maternity pants.

But I folded down the panel, selected a long tee and called it "good enough."  And, honestly, I feel it's a small victory that I decided against a maternity shirt to pair it with -- it was on me and I was trying to convince myself that it didn't "look" like a maternity shirt, but I knew that if I had to talk myself into believing that it didn't look like a maternity shirt, then, well, it was probably VERY obviously a maternity shirt.

I know that pregnancy weight takes time to lose and that regaining that pre-preggo body (especially that pre-preggo mid-section) takes time, and I remember that it didn't fully happen for me after Norah until she was about 9 months old.  Caleb is only 3 months old.  Still, I looked at his cute little mug this morning and thought, "Dude, you've reduced me to this!"

On the plus side, DANG these pants are comfy! 

22 comments:

Heather said...

As long as your comfortable, who cares. Much better than squeezing yourself into too small clothes and feeling miserable all day. :)

Julie D said...

I second that comment... fake it until you make it! =P

Robin said...

I remember being disappointed that I had to wear my maternity jeans for about 2 months post-baby. For some reason, even though I knew that I wouldn't be in my old clothes the day after I gave birth, I somehow thought I would get there faster than I did. But I did. And you have done it before, and you will do it again. And, you look fantastic in this pic. So be comfy I say!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Spending a little time in those "old" tight-ish fitting outfits helps motivate a person into losing that baby weight.
You look great already! You'll get that pre-baby belly back.

Honestly for me after baby #2 I don't think I ever fully returned to my 20-something shaped body. I did lose the weight, I got fit and healthy again but the pieces fit together differently. And I'm okay with that.

MCM Mama said...

I went home in regular pants after my first. It took me 5 months to fit into my pants after my second. And my kids were 4 years apart.

You look great and it won't be long before you are back to "normal", although like Shelly said, you may find that your shape is a bit different. My answer to that was a shopping spree. ;o)

Marlene said...

I'm not going to lie, I have been tempted to buy maternity pants! They looks so comfy & flattering!

I think you look great, by the way!

Agate Lake Girl said...

I remember that pudgy belly well. You just have to remember that it does... eventually... go away. In the meantime, remember those stretchy pants when Thanksgiving rolls around (ala Joey from Friends)!

Unknown said...

cute and comfy - nothing wrong with that. I'd wear a maternity panel if I could. So often my work pants are NOT comfortable.

p.s. you look great. don't sweat it!

Unknown said...

For what it's worth, I think you look great. But..I know that's a frustrating place to be in. I hope you get back to a comfortable place soon!

MNFirefly said...

Comfort is important over fashion. (That explains why I don't wear amazon-high high heals EVER!) Give your body time. Don't sweat it!

I have been finding just doing the running along with a home core workout will help reduce the "preggo" weight to nothing. I had some minor preggo shape in my belly even almost (cough) 10 years later.

Find a pair of jeans that you want to get into and set them aside for more motivation. Focus is the key!

Krissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krissy said...

Ha! I was so you like not too long ago and I seriously seriously had a same exact moment when I had to admit I was wearing materinity capris! For the record, I JUST got into my pre pregnancy clothes like a week ago where they actually look good and normal, I was squeezing into them for a bit only to run to my cozy shorts or sweatpants when I got home too! It took a long time with Eli for me to snap back (the 9 months for full return) and with Bo 5 1/2 months for me to feel like I am really starting to turn the corner in that department. I still need about a solid 5 pounds to come off. Keep up what you are doing I think you look fab!

ajh said...

My pants don't fit but my baby is 24 years old!

TNTcoach Ken said...

LMAO. Don't do it JESS! That's how it starts and next will be the sweat pants!

N.D. said...

I was wearing the shorts all summer long! They are just comfy. Go for it, don't worry about it either.

Lee said...

I have this problem too, except that I've never had a baby!

Carolina John said...

I still wear some of Kelley's maternity pants to thanksgiving dinner or the occasional buffet. It's ok, just let it happen and enjoy the ride.

Wes said...

You'll bounce back into shape in no time. It's the "runner" thing to do :-)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Don't beat yourself up- you look good, maternity pants or not! I find some of them so much more comfortable than regular pants!

My maternity jeans are awesome- I don't have to worry about my crack showing everytime I bend over, I am not constantly pulling my pants up and the panel is so smoothing!! I might never go back to low-rise jeans!

Aka Alice said...

Carolina John's comment just made me snort :-))

Hang in there. You'll be back to your teeny-tiny self soon. Until then, enjoy the stretch pants. You still look fabulous!

Erin said...

It is depressing even though you know mentally it takes time. You look great. It hasn't even been a week for me and I am cursing my third boob (aka belly). It will eventually go down but I have stretch marks that look like I went a few rounds with a tiger. I doubt they will ever fade or reduce so at least you don't have that visual reminder for the rest of your life. These babies..what we don't do for them.

runner26 said...

Jess you look great! And who cares if they are maternity clothes! You're getting your money's worth and you're comfortable.