TAT CN Header

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Morning 8 Miler

This morning, I got up at 4 am in order to be out the door by 4:45 (my previous 30 minute pre-run routine now takes me close to 45 minutes -- I'm getting slower!) for my planned 8 miler. I wanted to be back before Norah got up, and she generally wakes up somewhere between 6 and 6:30, so I had a tight window of time to work with.

The run went well -- it was nice and cool out in the dark of pre-dawn -- with the exception of the fact that I again forgot water (and this time, I even set a water bottle out on the kitchen counter so I'd remember and I still forgot it!). I finished it in 1:25:27, for an average pace of 10:48/mile, and I was back inside the house by 6:15. Just in time to hear Norah grunting and moving around in her crib. Granted, I didn't have time to shower before tending to her, which means she got a sweaty boob, but she didn't seem to mind.

This afternoon I am off to see New Moon with the chicas, so I'd best be off! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

18 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

Great run! Nice job!

Have fun at the movies...did you read the books?

*FIRST POST*

Lily on the Road said...

good stuff Jess, sweaty mammaries and all!!

MCM Mama said...

Good job getting up! I used to wait until the baby woke up, nurse him, and then head out the door. Given how frequently my kids liked to eat as babies, I would usually run back in the door to find a starving babe. As far as I can tell, a sweaty boob never hurt anyone.

Enjoy the movie!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great job getting up at 4!! You rock!

My littlest always looks at sweaty boobs after first latching on (sometimes I don't have shower time,too!) It's funny...as if to say...'this doesn't taste right!'

RunningLaur said...

Wow, what a run!
You're getting Norah used to your running lifestyle already!

N.D. said...

great job!! nora is a great sleeper= lucky!!!

Anonymous said...

Getting up at 4 on a Saturday...wow! Let us know how the movie is. Have fun!

lifestudent said...

First of all, your early rise without the bitching has me amazed.

Second of all, I want the full update on New Moon. Not the "I love Edward/Jacob" swooning review, but the real one ... which I full trust you will deliver.

RunnerGirl said...

4 am on a Saturday? That is dedication!

Let us know how you like New Moon, I thought it was pretty cheesy but that's pretty much what I expected!

Nicki said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and I wanted to say hi! I'm a beginner runner, and I'm training for a half in March. I'm VERY impressed at your ability to get up and run so early!! :) www.runningnicki.blogspot.com

Oz Runner said...

way to get the run in before Norah woke up...our it took our kids like 4-5 months to figure out how to sleep through the night...

MN Mom said...

You are so dedicated. Did you run so fast pretending you were chasing Jacob??? Ha Ha

Marlene said...

4am on a Saturday - impressive, Momma!

Hope you enjoyed NM.

Jess said...

Wow that is earrrrly on a Saturday.

CT said...

I don't know that I've ever commented on your blog before but I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration I think you are. I mean, really...4 am on a Saturday is pure, badass madness! Amazing. Good for you! Hope you enjoyed your well deserved movie :)

runner26 said...

8 miles!! you are on a roll!

sRod said...

An 8 mile to warm up the milk? You stay fit and save electricity! Look at the good you do!

Unknown said...

Up at 4am on Saturday for a run??? Way to go!