TAT CN Header

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Heat Wave

Well, we're having a "heat wave" here in Northern Minnesota today: It's a whopping 13 degrees. ABOVE zero! But that high temp is only because it's snowing out there. Tonight, the wind is supposed to pick up and the windchill is supposed to plunge temps into (possibly) -40 degrees. Ack!

But in the meantime, Jerry and I are going to take advantage of this "warm" weather and meet my brother for lunch and then some cross country skiiing. It'll be the first exercise I get since leaving FL, so that should be good, but how well I do with x-country skis will be interesting. I grew up downhill skiiing in CO, but I have never once in my life gone x-country skiiing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cross your fingers I don't break my legs. Not sure how I could do that on flat ground, but it's always possible with me.

14 comments:

Erin said...

Cross country skiing is great and if you have fresh snow you will love it! That is the one and only winter sport I miss. Are you going by your parents house or to the state park? The state park has some nice trails (you can park at the country club and ski in and not have to pay). The only bummer is there is one hill that's a witch! Have fun and don't freeze.

Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun. Cross country skiing is such a good workout. Enjoy those nice warm temps!

Unknown said...

Cross country skiing is HARD WORKL. Great exercise. Hope you have fun with it. :-)

Running Jen said...

Good luck, and have fun! It sounds so cold there, it's 80 in Orlando today!

TonyP said...

LOL - 13 degrees is a heat wave.

Anonymous said...

talked to my family in mpls today---can NOT believe how cold it is there (and they too said 'it isnt too bad today!')

Im officially a TX wimp.

Anonymous said...

Have fun skiing! We are trying to get outside today before the really cold temps hit tomorrow.

MNFirefly said...

Stay warm!

Unknown said...

Don't forget to bring your iPod while X-C ! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Kelly said...

I've never done cross-crountry skiing, but it looks really hard. Good luck!

Marlene said...

Oooh, I hope to go cross-country skiing this Christmas. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the skiing. We are really having a heat wave... It was almost 80° here today, but tomorrow it is back down in the 30°'s I hear. Have a great weekend.

Laurel said...

LOL!. Have fun. Cross Country skiing is supposed to be a great workout!

My deepest sympathies for your weather. That's damn cold.

The Boring Runner said...

I've read that 3 miles of biking is supposed to be like 1 mile of running. I wonder how many miles of XC skiing are like 1 mile of running.