TAT CN Header

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Vertigo

I've always been senstivie to various kinds of motion sickness (in fact, part of the reason I avoid the treadmill is that it kinda induces a certain amount of vertigo), and that's why when I fly I have to take copious amounts of Drammamine, but sometimes the sense of movement doesn't stop when the movement stops, and not even Drammamine can help me with that.

So, for the past two days, I've been experiencing some vertigo -- a side effect I occassionally experience after flying or returning from a cruise. It's not pleasant, and I have been feeling dizzy since I arrived home on Sunday night. But today has been particularly bad since the dizziness has been accompanied by nausea.

Feeling like I'm swaying all day is bad enough, but feeling like I'm gonna puke all day is even worse. I made it through my classes because I didn't want to cancel them, but it wasn't fun, and when I got home this afternoon, I laid down for a long nap to try and feel better. Laying down does make me feel better, but I still have both the dizziness and the nausea. So, for tonight, I'm gonna skip running in favor of laying down and hoping that this passes quickly.

19 comments:

Ian said...

Sounds like you're pregnant, yup I bet that's it, you're pregnant.

Marcy said...

LMAO at Vanilla.

How come this post reminds me of Wendy . . .hmmmmm ;-)

teacherwoman said...

I heard that laying down with one leg hanging off the side of the bed helps.

Oh wait.

Maybe I am confusing that with the cure for the alcohol induced spins.

Anonymous said...

Hope it passes quickly! I discovered on our honeymoon (while on a small boat cruise for 5 days) that I have that problem with boats. Not a good time to find out LOL.

Oh, and if you aren't pregnant ;o), then, when you are, the problem will be much worse.

Razz said...

Pregnant with a dizzy kid. That's probably it.

Anonymous said...

Agree...the vertigo should have gone nausea should not be part of it...can i tell you a quick story? that's exactly how I felt when I was preggers :)

Erin said...

Hmmm...ya think everyone is wishing you were knocked up?

Marlene said...

Sounds awful! Hope it passes soon. Rest up!

Monica said...

Been reading your blog for about 6 months...you crack me up! Thanks for entertaining me everyday.

Congrats on your Half. You inspire me.

Moni

sunshine said...

Yuck! That's one of the worst feelings EVER!!!! Rest up and feel better soon.

Wes said...

Why drammamine when there's perfectly good liquor around ;-)

Laurel said...

I didn't want to be the first one to mention the obvious pregnancy remark, but I see others have already said it.

I will say, that's exactly how I felt when I was pg.

But I also get motion sickness too, so I can relate. I hope it passes quickly. I know how bad it sucks.

MNFirefly said...

I second what Teacherwomann said. Hang in there,

Marci said...

Hope you feel better soon!

brunettechicagogal said...

OMG, so funny that I visit your blog for the first time in months, and YOU are experiencing vertigo, too! I had it last Thanksgiving, and then again a month ago, and today. I was told little calcium deposits come loose in your inner ear, and that's what causes it. Not much fun, though, that's for sure.

ws said...

hope you're feeling better soon.

Aka Alice said...

Yeah morning sickness and motion sickness felt a lot the same to me too...

You can virtually slap us all for the pregger's teases when you're feeling lousy by the way :-))

Stuart said...

I think teacherwoman is getting confused with keeping one leg on the ground stops you from getting pregnant!

Marathoner in Training said...

Congratulations on being pregnant, maybe twins.