TAT CN Header

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last Night

I went for a four miler right around dusk, and it was perfect out: Cooler, drier temps, a light breeze, ah...it felt glorious. Too bad I stopped the Garmin at a light at mile 3 and then forgot to re-start it, so I don't know the numbers for the run, but it felt good, and I suppose I should just be happy with that.

After my run, I got showered and ready and Jerry and I went out to dinner, and afterwards, we stopped and rented "Baby Mama." It was frickin hilarious. If you like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, you would like this.

And, as for what's in store today? Probably nothing very exciting: I still have a stack of papers to finish reading, there's the ever-present pile of laundry to get to, and Scooter is breathing on my leg right now to try and get me to play with him. As far as running goes, I'm taking a rest day today, and tomorrow I'm getting up early to run 10 miles with Wendy in Boca. She and I haven't run together for about...7 months? Something like that, so I'm looking forward to our run tomorrow.

Until then, toodles!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never stop the Garmin because during a race, if something happens, the clock will not stop.

But, we're all different. Enjoy your Bocaville 10 miler.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Toodles? Is that a real word? I auto pause the Garmin. Have a great run.

TonyP said...

Baby Momma is a trip. I remember a blog or board discussion somewhere about pausing watches during training runs. Everyone has their own personal way of doing it, but I follow jamoosh's theory - no stopping of the Garmin during training, because time doesn't stop during the race. Even when I'm out for a 7 hour training run, during the times when I have to stop back at the car to refill the pack with fluids, grab a bite, etc... the Garmin keeps on ticking.

Wes said...

I keep forgetting to set the auto stop feature on the Garmin. I often forget to turn it back on too!

Have a great weekend Jess!

SavvyFitChica said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the run. Sounds perfect!

I liked that movie too- very cute!

Have a great 10-miler in the morning.

Marci said...

Have a great weekend and enjoy your 10 miler!

Anonymous said...

Enjot the weekend. Hope you finish grading all the papers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice evening run. I'm loving this cooler weather. I'm one who never stops the garmin, mostly for the reason you mentioned LOL.

Have a nice run tomorrow!

Marcy said...

Ooooooo have fun tomorrow! Dang it, I wish I could join you ladies!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good 4 miler despite the Garmin error. Have a good 10 miler!

chia said...

Blogger so ate my comment. Bastards ;-)

Can't I just spray some Pam on it before labor?

LOL that movie cracked me up!

Happy runski with your female :-)!!

J~Mom said...

Hope you have a great run in the morning!

Laurel said...

Whoa. I watched Baby Mama on Friday night too! Quit copying me!

P.S. It WAS hilarious.
And I'm so happy to hear your temps are dropping down there.