TAT CN Header

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Morning

Yesterday was an extremely quiet day. I read, I watched the Olympics (last night was a great night to watch: women's marathon, Phelps' 8th gold, Dara Torres, the men's 100m dash), I did some laundry, but really, I barely moved off the couch all day.

Today, we don't have much planned either. I think our current plan is to take Scooter to the dog park for awhile, have lunch, and then maybe see a movie this afternoon, and somewhere in there, I want to get a run in, but it probably won't happen until late this evening.

For now, we also have one eye on Tropical Storm Fay, which is just now touching SE Cuba, but is mostly certainly going to strengthen into a hurricane and head toward FL. South Florida is within the "cone of uncertainy" (always a phrase that sounds like something from "Superman"), but it will be hard to know its exact path until tomorrow. Our hurricane supplies are all stocked, we just need to pull them out of the closet and check some batteries; otherwise, we're set for disaster. Kind of.

16 comments:

Marcy said...

Yesterday sounded very nice :-)

Be careful chica! Sounds freekin scary :-(

L*I*S*A said...

Oh boy...I'll be coming to Tampa on Wed. just in time for Fay. :)

Erin said...

We need to check our supplies since over the past couple years we have "stolen" from them. Not too worried about Fay. Figure she will be just a tropical storm here.

keith said...

Given the way this administration handles natural disasters I'd be on the road to a hurricane free "cone of certainly no natural disasters."

Stay safe and make sure jerry doesn't get into the MRE's.

Jarrett said...

Your Saturday sounds like something I would enjoy if I wasn't doing something all the time. No relaxing weekend for me for the next 4 weekends. We've got things planned every Saturday and Sunday until Sept 13. Yuck!

E said...

Those quiet days are the best days.

Wes said...

Yea, I hate it for you, but boy, we sure could use the rain...

Mary Gee said...

We just had three days straight of rain here - which you know is freaky weird.

RunnerGirl said...

Watch out for Fay!

Anonymous said...

you really think a hurricane? come on...i'm just hoping for some rain = i'm sick of the summer- i want some 'fall' temperatures PRONTO.

Unknown said...

Stay safe!! I was thinking about you when I saw warnings about Fay coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Yay for a nice quiet day.

Hope Fay stays away from you all.

Viv said...

Stay safe Jess. My Mom and Dad are back in FL they like follow storms. Mom said Pubix is in complete chaos!

I will be watching the news keep us posted.

Kevin said...

I bet all the stores down there are out of milk and bread! I never quite understood that combination.

I am watching here to see where the storm goes as it sounds like there is a chance of it hitting us with much needed rain and possibly stalling out

MN Mom said...

I hope that we won't need those supplies and it passes everyone by and goes right out to sea...

Teacher Pursuits said...

I love laid back Sundays. And now... I have Maroon 5 in my head. Yay!