TAT CN Header

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Four

Despite the fact that we had one day off this week due to TS Fay, I was feeling totally pooped today. So when I got home from class, I did some picking up around the house, played with Scooter, and then plopped down on the couch and didn't move for an hour or two. When Jerry got home, that was the lethargic state I was in.

Me: "I don't think I'm gonna run this evening. I'm just too tired and I don't wanna."

Jerry: "Man, you're whiny. Just go run; you'll feel better if you do and then I won't have to hear later about how guilty you feel for missing it."

Me: "I'm whiny?! You're whiny!"

(Yeah, I don't have much by way of retorts when I'm tired.)

Jerry: "Just go run."

Me: "Fine!"

So I ran 4 miles, and he was right, I did feel better. It feels against the wife-code-of-conduct to admit it, but I guess he knows me: When Jess is tired/grouchy/moody, she needs a run.

17 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

That's a great conversation. I've had it many times. I'm either needing to go workout, or I need to eat!

Great job on the 4-miler!

Kelsalynn

J~Mom said...

I have had that conversation a time or two myself!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I know that conversation.

One day when Beer Geek came home, the kids were running wild and I was sitting at the table with a bunch of chocolate wrappers. He asked me if I was going running. I said that I was too tired. He practically picked me up and threw me out the door. LOL

Glad the run made you feel better. (Oh, and thank you for the info you emailed me. I appreciate it.)

Anonymous said...

Glad the run helped.

TJ said...

When I have that conversation with my wife, her response is usually "cool, lets watch a movie".
:)

teacherwoman said...

That's me too. Way to get out there and do it! :)

L*I*S*A said...

I hate it when they're right.

Damn men.

Gotta love 'em.

E said...

Don't you hate when the hubby is right? :)

Anonymous said...

Jerry sounds like my husband. I complain about feeling guilty if I miss a run too! Great job on the 4.

Aron said...

haha that sounds EXACTLY like my comebacks... just repeat exactly what they just said to you :)

great job getting the run done!

Unknown said...

All you needed was a little push out the door - getting out the door is always the hardest part. Nice job on your 4 miler.

N.D. said...

That's a great line! Your hubby knows you - at least it is the same for me, I feel guilty and whine if I don't go, so its better to just go and I feel so much better! nice job!

Marcy said...

Awwwhhhh see, it's nice that Jerry knows you like that ;-)

MN Mom said...

Funny-when Connie is tired, grouchy, moody I need wine.

RunnerGirl said...

The hubby says stuff like that to me all the time, and even though I hate to admit it, he's right!

Anonymous said...

...and, you earned a beer!

Viv said...

The run kick the grumpies everytime.