TAT CN Header

Friday, August 18, 2006

We Shook On It

My friend Ryan and I have entered into a binding wager (punishment of withdrawal from said agreement is death, just so you know Ryan) concerning my upcoming 5K in September. We have agreed to both race to beat our own PRs. My best time is 29:52 and his is 28:00. If one person beats their own PR but the other one doesn't beat his or her PR, then the loser has to pay the winner's race entrance fee. But we are undecided as to what we should do if it's a draw. What do you guys think? Should we just each pay our own entry fee? Or is there an alternative that's more interesting?

This does provide me with some extra incentive and I would love the opportunity to kick his ass since he is the bane of my bowling existence (yes, his team beat ours last night and they were able to take second place in the league, ass goblins). Anyway, I'd better start putting some serious efforts into my training: No skipping the cross training this afternoon!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Ryan's got nothing on you sista! :) If you both beat your PR, treat yourselves to yummy dinner and cocktails! :) Or whoever beats their PR more then that person buys!

mouse said...

I say that if it's a draw you both celebrate by drinking as much beer as possible. after all, you'll need to replace those carbs you depleted during the race...

mmm... beeeeeeeer....

Erin said...

I say you have to do another 5K :) That way you keep motivated and he...oh wait, then I have to live with him "seriously" training for another 2 months. That means no good food, tons of exercise and guilt when I don't go, and quite possibly the never ending yapping about how he is going to kick your butt.

On second thought, I like Mouse's idea. Just get drunk together.

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a fun way to motivate yourself!

If it is a draw....maybe just pay your own fees, and then go out for beer...like Mouse said!

MNFirefly said...

WOW! Awesome wager! That would give me OOMPH to get a little faster.

Neese said...

how bout the one that beats their PR gets a 12pk of Clif bars. (or favorite running-related nutrition) all the flavors of Sports Beans, etc.