TAT CN Header

Friday, August 11, 2006

No Sweat Prep

Tomorrow is my "No Sweat" 5K (something tells me that title is a misnomer), and I'm all ready. I'm registered, I have the directions, I have my clothes ready, and I have my breakfast determined (bowl of cereal, cup of coffee -- hope it flushes the system ahead of time and perks me up). So, the race is at 7 am (poopy morning race on a Saturday morning), and in order to fully digest my planned breakfast and to drive there in time, I think I will need to get up at 5:15 am.

That's what I hate about races -- the time. I suppose if I were a morning runner, it would be perfect, but I hate getting up early and can't say I ever run my best at an early hour; however, I will work through it. I'll at least be excited for the race; my husband on the other hand, may fall asleep on the sidelines.

He's being such a good husband and supporter by agreeing to come along (and be the official Jess picture-taker). He does demand breakfast afterward though, and we will both probably go back to bed for a long nap once we get home. I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow: Cross your fingers and pray it's not too hot!

1 comment:

D said...

Good luck on your race! I am running a 5K next weekend despite the weather. Oh, the joys of running in Florida in the summer. But we can't let it stop us. :-)