TAT CN Header

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Down Boys

Perhaps because of a love for Carmen Electra or perhaps because of a love for strippers, my husband ordered Electra's Aerobic Striptease on Netflix for "me." Because I might like it for cross training purposes (and if it was viewed when I wasn't present, well, those things happen). So today I thought I'd give it a try -- I've been to strip clubs and those strippers look like they're working hard; therefore, I figured it had to at least give me a good warm up.

These were my thoughts and experiences on it:

1. It's harder than it looks, and a lot harder to do those moves and look sexy while doing them. Granted, I was in a gray tank top and paint splattered sweatpants, so they didn't add to the effect, but truly, it's hard to lift your leg up and over a chair without appearing like a goofus (plus, let me say, that just getting the leg up and over the chair, and straight for that matter, was a difficult feat).

2. The head swivel and hair toss thing makes me nauseous. I just can't whip my head around like that -- I felt my brain slide back and forth.

3. While it was difficult in some regards, it wasn't what I would call "aerobic." Yeah, I felt a little warmer, but I didn't sweat and I didn't find my heart pumping with the exertion -- maybe all beginner strippers feel this way and the real stuff is left to the advanced women, I don't know. And, all I had to work with was a chair; I suppose if given a pole, the workout would be far more strenuous.

4. And I'm disappointed to let you know that I did not come out of the video experience looking like Carmen Electra -- dammit. (Sorry honey.) That's really something they should label on the disc.

So, I don't think I'd recommend it for aerobic purposes, but perhaps it is helpful in other ways (if you know what I'm sayin'.) As far as cross training, I think I'm better off on the eliptical machine or riding bike.

6 comments:

Triseverance said...

that's funny, what I really want to know is were you looking to move up on the google search list by posting a pic of Carmen Electra on your blog. ;)

Brooke said...

I've heard those pole dancing workouts are awesome!! Maybe you need a pole??

Erin said...

I have legs twice as long as yours and I am pretty sure I couldn't straddle a chair in a sexy manner with straight legs either.

It is good to know you didn't work up a sweat because once I start sweating, the furthest thing from sexy is what I feel.

My question is "How hard did you laugh at yourself and don't you wish the mirrors were still on your walls?"

Jessica DeLine said...

haha.. I can't imagine even trying the stuff in that video!!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I could never do the video...I'd be too busy laughing at how ridiculous I am!! :)

Kudos to you for making it through the whole thing!

MNFirefly said...

If I EVER get that video, I don't think I could pull it off either. I would look too much like a goofus. Sounds like how Sam Kinison's take on people who videotape themselves.