TAT CN Header

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Toothy Tuesday

Today, Jerry and I had our standard 6 month teef cleaning and dental check up (I always schedule us at the same time, so that it's easier to keep track of), and because we're together, we always get the same two dental hygienists who are in the same room together. And today, seeing how visibly preggo I am, they both felt it incumbent to share with us their own pregnancy and labor stories and also tell us what hellions their teenagers now are.

And, of course, we heard for the upteenth time: "Oh, your lives are going to be SO different!"

But aside from the repetitious advice, stories, and shockingly detailed anecdotes, the benefit was that the hygienist I always get (who I refer to as the "Floss Nazi") was more gentle with me this time than usual (even back in Feb, when she knew I was preggo, she still gave my gums a thorough lashing with her brutal flossing), so that was a relief.

Plus, the dentist declared my teeth "perfect" as always, and seriously, who tires of hearing such praise? So, all in all, a good visit. And the next time we go in for our 6 month check up, our lives will be SO different!

10 comments:

Carolina John said...

a good teeth cleaning always makes you feel better. floss nazi be damned.

Carly said...

I went to the dentist today too.

I always HATED when people told me their graphic labor stories and said things like "life as you know it is over".

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

Life is BETTER after you have kids :) I dream of the day my dentist uses the word "perfect" after one of my cleanings, haha!

Crissy Rae said...

Hurray for healthy teef and gums!

MCM Mama said...

Yay for healthy teeth!

Reminds me that I need to make appointments for all of us...

lifestudent said...

I bet your life is different enough you MISS that next checkup. Brooke is 9 months and I still have yet to get to the dentist ;)

Wes said...

ya different! you will both be parents :-)

X-Country2 said...

I think it's so cute you have appointments together. Mine is a month after my husband's, and I kind of like hearing what all he said when I finally go in.

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of the dentist however, I love how my teeth feel after. Wish my teeth were perfect like yours!

Marlene said...

Thank you for the reminder that I need to re-schedule my dentist appointment that I had to cancel MONTHS ago. Oops!