TAT CN Header

Thursday, April 30, 2009

People Watching

This evening, on my 3 miler, I passed:

Jerry
He left for his run about 15 minutes before I left for mine, and we passed when I was about a half mile into the beginning of my run. I imagined that he had thought to himself: "There's a smokin' hot preggo! Damn, I'm glad she's my beautiful wife." But when I got home and asked him what he thought when he saw me, he admitted: "I didn't even know it was you until you were right in front of me."

A Former Student
She was a student of mine about a year ago. No wait, maybe two years ago. She took two separate classes with me, and I know she lives nearby and I occasionally see her running the same 3 mile loop that is now my regular route. I have no clue what she might have thought when I passed her tonight. She smiled and waved at me though.

A Group of Teenage Boys
There were four of them on the corner, standing around, doing what most teens are doing: Absolutely nothing. They were blocking the sidewalk, but I didn't hesitate: I just ran right between them. One of them whistled at me, and I just smiled at myself because I know that even at 6 months pregnant, I could outrun any one of them in a footrace. Because I kick ass.

20 comments:

Shannon said...

I love people watching at the mall too.

I ran tonight too (4). I didn't get whistled at, maybe I need to get knocked up to get those. hehe

Run Sarah said...

Too awesome!! I pass people I know when running occasionally...it's always embarrassing if I am dying or gasping for breath at that point :)

X-Country2 said...

You totally still got it, girl. :o)

Anonymous said...

he he what jerry said would be something out my husband's mouth also...

MCM Mama said...

Totally LOL at Jerry's response.

runner26 said...

lol re: your presumptions re: jerry's thoughts ;)

d.a.r. said...

Sexy mama getting whistled at!!!

Erin said...

That's great! I walked again so I have 6 miles in this week ;)

SavvyFitChica said...

Why do ppl insist on walking 4-wide on a sidewalk? Most definitely one of my pet-peeves.

No, I'm not PIF on my Shittybank acct just yet, but closer! And if you want some really cool charts/graph/easy budgeting tools, check out=
www.mint.com

Kelsalynn

Aka Alice said...

LOL at Jerry not recognizing you...Walter would be JUST. LIKE. THAT.

I prefer to think that he's not out there lookin' at other women...hahahaha

Aron said...

you DO kick ass!

lol at jerry.... soooo something chris would say :)

teacherwoman said...

Ha! You bet you could out run them!!!

C said...

People watching is one of my favorite activities when running, but it's only fun if I'm wearing sunglasses so people can't tell if I'm staring at them. :)

Anonymous said...

Your are still getting whistled at..you hottie!

Marlene said...

Ahhh, teenagers crowding the sidewalk - I always run right through, too.

Unknown said...

People watching is awesome. Way to still get whistled at!

Wes said...

"One of them whistled at me."

I get that reaction all the time :-)

Carolina John said...

a pregnant woman running past hoodlums on the street corner. sounds dangerous. i love people watching.

B. Kramer said...

Just for good measure, you should have sucker punched one of the hoodlum teens.

Missy said...

People watching is a great hobby, I love it!

The pregnancy boobs get them every time. They never even look down;)