TAT CN Header

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Shower

The baby shower yesterday was great. We had lots of great food: And I ate plenty of it:
We played some games, and then I opened lots of generous loot:
I'm sure Norah will appreciate everything too:
And when I got home, Jerry helped carry it all in and then we both sorted through it all. Scooter wanted to assist, but he mostly wanted to play with the stuffed aimals because he thought they were for him (we may have small issues with training him to separate the baby's toys from his toys).
After the shower, I was tuckered out. Who knew that opening gifts could exhaust a girl? So, Jerry and I went out to a really nice dinner and then went to the bookstore (because we are nerds and that's where we like to spend our Saturday night). We picked up a few new reads, as well as some cheesecake, and then came home, read, ate our dessert, and went to bed. It was really a nice evening.

22 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great Saturday! Looks like you got a lot of nice gifts!

Carly said...

How exciting! Looks like you got some great baby loot. You look adorable BTW.

Marci said...

Glad you had a nice time, you look so cute in your purple dress!

Anonymous said...

And today's lesson is that it is not necessary to give Jess if you are concerned about wearing her out. Noted!

Glad you got so much good stuff.

Erin said...

Man, what a haul. Looks like a great party. Glad you had a good time. Next one is scheduled for Saturday, May 23rd. Invitations will be in the mail Monday.

Run Sarah said...

Looks like an awesome haul!! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but I love the name Norah so much...great pick :)

kristen said...

Looks like you got a ton of loot. Good for you. My hubby and I love to go to the bookstore too. We call them 'dates'.

lifestudent said...

I still feel bad for Wrigley. She knows Brookes toys arent hers, but stares at them with longing. And when we get Brooke a new one...Wrigley comes running. She always hopes its for her, but it never is. Poor dog...I really should go out and get her a few new toys ;)

Kristen said...

Looks like you got some great stuff.

I am glad to know another couple goes to the bookstore. We love to do that.

Casey said...

We are bookstore bores as well. I love it. Though, we write down titles and buy them off Half.com because we are cheap like that. :)

Shower looks like it was fun! Cute outfit!

TonyP said...

Great stuff. I'm so glad that I never have to go to any of these "shower things". Soon you will have your hands full, so enjoy some alone time while you can.

Marlene said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Look at all those gifts!

Jerry is looking really slim, btw! Is he still losing weight?

JojaJogger said...

Mmm, books and cheesecake, does life get any better?

Crissy Rae said...

Glad you had a such a nice day, gifts, food, books and dessert. Perfecto!

Marcy said...

Awwwwhhhhh yeah! Showers are always fun! You look super cute!! ;D ;D

Agate Lake Girl said...

Looks like a fab time and loads of loot to boot! :)

Wes said...

Loot = nice evening :-)

MN Mom said...

Gee Jerry is looking so thin. I haven't seen him for a while.

It looks like Norah made a HAUL at the shower. And the best part...more to come! Yeah!

MCM Mama said...

Looks like a great time! Nice loot! ;o)

Unknown said...

That's so fun! I'm glad you had a good shower and got lots of loot. I love bookstores too. What books did you get?

Stuart said...

So that's what happens at these shindigs! Even with two kids I missed both of them...or at least I was told to go out!

Looks like you had a blast anyway and I will be updating you on the spaghetti w/pecans!

J~Mom said...

Looks like a really nice shower! :>)