TAT CN Header

Monday, April 27, 2009

Crazy Eights

MCM Mama tagged me last week with the Crazy 8s Meme, and today I have no blog-spiration, so I figured I'd fill it out today. Here goes:

8 Things I'm Looking Forward to:
1. Lunch. It's 10:06 right now and I'm starving. I just ate a granola bar to help tide me over, but I already feel like I could gnaw my own arm off.
2. Bowling tonight. Lately, we are kicking ass in league and we're currently in 6th place!
3. The end of the semester. My last final to give is on Friday, May 1, and then the term officially ends next Wednesday, May 6, which is graduation.
4. Some summer time off. I am teaching one class in May and June, but it won't be very time consuming, and then July is totally free!
5. Reading lots during that time off.
6. The arrival of the baby furniture. Should be here any time this week or next.
7. The arrival of my new laptop. Should be here any day.
8. The arrival of Baby Norah. Still have to wait 15 more weeks for her to be ready, but I'm excited for her!

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Slept in.
2. Went to Babies R Us.
3. Cleaned out my car.
4. Read.
5. Took a nap.
6. Made chocolate chip cookies.
7. Went to a friend's house for dinner.
8. Went to bed at 9:30.

8 Things I Wish I Could Do/Want to Do:
1. Run another marathon.
2. Get a PhD.
3. Travel more.
4. Buy a house that has a yard.
5. Raise responsible children that don't hate me.
6. Write a book.
7. Make a living from writing.
8. Avoid contracting swine flu.

8 Shows I Watch:
1. The Office
2. 30 Rock
3. Parks and Recreation
4. The Big Bang Theory
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. My Boys
7. Top Chef
8. Project Runway

8 People I Tag to Play Along:
1. Erin
2. Ryan
3. Shannon
4. Crystal
5. Connie
6. Jamoosh
7. Oz Runner
8. Chia

17 comments:

Run Sarah said...

Glad to hear you have July off from teaching and only one class in May and June!

C said...

PhDs are overrated. Though you should probably check in with me again once I've actually finished mine. I may be more objective then.

Carolina John said...

Get something to eat sister! when eating for two, you can eat anything you want and as much as you want. breastfeeding will burn it all off, that's natures design.

and as for " Raise responsible children that don't hate me." that's only a goal for people that don't have kids yet. it eventually goes to "raise kids that don't hate me" and then to "raise kids that can survive on their own" and eventually just "get out of my house". good luck with that one.

LOL, I'm sure norah will turn out just fine. and i think a big part of that is having siblings that are not too far apart in age. my girls are 23 months apart, and they are going to grow up close. i like that.

Marlene said...

Around this time every year, I wish I was a teacher! Enjoy your time off this summer.

Anonymous said...

If you get a PhD do I have to call you Dr. Jess? Or how about Dr. "J"!

Anonymous said...

aw. have fun trying to raise responsible children that don't hate you. mine hated me this morning for sure.

Anonymous said...

The 15 weeks are going to fly. Norah will be here before you know it.

MCM Mama said...

I'd be happy with raising responsible children. Mine already hate me and they aren't even teens yet. ;o)

Can I have the "sleep in, take a nap, go to bed early" day? I could really use one of those right about now.

Kristen said...

Haha, I had to laugh at "swine flu!" That is all they are talking about on the news!

Unknown said...

Speaking of the swine flu, it will fizzle out. It is just the media-thing. You know how it was with the birds flu and the SARS.

TonyP said...

What do you think of Parks and Rec. ? I happen to think it is pretty good. Its no Seinfeld, but it is perfect right before The Office.

teacherwoman said...

Great Meme! :)

runner26 said...

you have a lot to look forward to! good luck with the bowling!

X-Country2 said...

Ha, good luck with that swine flu. Sounds like a good goal. :o)

Marcy said...

Mine hate me everyday :-) I love it. It's their payback for all the hell they've caused me :P (Kid!)

Carly said...

LMAO at Carolina John! That feels so true right now. I loved your list. You only have 15 weeks left? wow, that is going to fly by!

Caroline Novak said...

Hey, just linked here from Running Off at the Mind, and just wanted to say your blog is a good read.