TAT CN Header

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finished Painting

This morning, Norah's room looked like this: Jerry spent the morning touching up the baseboards and trim:
And by this afternoon, it looked like this:
That one remaining spot of blue tape indicates a part of the baseboard that required a re-touching up, and it wasn't dry yet when I took the picture.

Here, below, is a shot of another wall with the bookcase we decided to keep. It won't match the furniture we're ordering, but it's in good condition so I was reuctant to get rid of it only to replace it with a bookcase that matched. I mean, it's great to have matching stuff, but let's face it: We don't have all matching furniture in our bedroom, so I'm not sure the baby needs it. And I'm sure that bookcase will get well-stocked in no time.

And, one last angle:
All in all, we're pleased with how it turned out, and we're excited to order the furniture now and start stocking this room full of baby stuff! But, man alive, it's been a busy weekend working on this project.

In other weekend stuff, we had a nice dinner last night with MCM Mama and her family, and it was great to meet her in person. We did get some pictures together, but I forgot my camera, so I will have to wait until she returns to DC to email me the pictures she took. She and her husband were also kind enough to give Norah a Washington, DC onesie and we even inherited an umbrella stroller from them!

Then, we had Easter dinner with some friends this afternoon, and even though I'm stuffed full of ham, I am feeling compelled to get my running shoes on and get out for a run because I haven't run in days!

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend! Toodles.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!
The room looks great.

d.a.r. said...

Wow it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I love the mirror. I can't wait to see it with all baby stuff.

teacherwoman said...

Norah's room looks beautiful!

RunningLaur said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Great job on the painting!

MN Mom said...

Room looking good...and ready for stage two...

Jess said...

Norah's room looks great!

SavvyFitChica said...

It looks amazing! Job well done.

X-Country2 said...

Great work!

Run Sarah said...

That looks amazing! I'm impressed you did all that hard work while pregnant - painting tires me out!

Anonymous said...

The room looks great. I would say the only thing it is missing is a picture of Jamoosh, but we don't want to scar the little one so early in life do we...

MizFIt said...

I love the blogger in person meetups!

Im always surprised how "the same" people are in real life...

Slow Poke said...

Nice work on the renovations - it will be exciting when there is a baby in there!

I am relatively new to your blog and have been lurking for a while... I found this post you wrote YEARS ago on babies... Makes for interesting reading now!

http://twentyonedayhabit.blogspot.com/2005/08/baby-or-alien.html

Slow Poke

Marcy said...

Awwwhhhh it looks great! I can't wait to peep it when you get all the baby stuff in there :-)

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see all the baby stuff you put in their. Glad your having relaxing (barf free) weekends

Jarrett said...

Lies! The painting is never over. There's always more painting.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a busy weekend with all that painting. It looks great,can't wait to see the baby furniture!

Marlene said...

The room looks great!

Sounds like a nice weekend.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Multi-post catch up comments:

You guys looks great in your BSU gear. Makes me miss good ole Bemidji!

Norah's room is looking great. Can't wait to see the continued transformation! The nursery makes it all feel so much more real. :)

Sorry we missed you guys for Easter, but Jon was busy helping Geo move and I was recuperating from my family's visit! :)

B. Kramer said...

That's a nicer color. Hope you had a nice run.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Easter !! It is no question that Norah is going to love her new bedroom. Nice job on the painting.

Aron said...

love the room! my room in HS was yellow and its such a great color :) cant wait to see it all done!

P.O.M. said...

Love the color - looks fantastic. Painting is such a nightmare or I'm just super lazy.

sRod said...

Looks great!