TAT CN Header

Friday, April 03, 2009

Caught Up

In the middle of the semester, I usually have about one month that just feels swamped with work, and in the spring term, that month is March. So, for the past 3-4 weeks, I feel like I've been inundated with work that needs to be graded, and this means bringing papers home to read in the evenings and on the weekends.

But now, I'm entering a short 2-3 week period of respite, and I'm all caught up with the grading I had, and I can't tell you how good it feels knowing that this weekend I won't have to lug home a briefcase full of essays. (I have to enjoy this break now though because in less than a month I'll receive a flood of papers at the end of the term and then I'll be absolutely drowning in work for about a week and a half. Then the term will blessedly be finished.)

Anyway, by being caught up with work, I'm hoping to catch up on some other things this weekend. My sister in law and her family depart today, so I should be able to catch up with a few household chores that are always the result of hosting company for a few days, and what I'm most eager to catch up on? Running.

I haven't run in a week, so I hope that this evening I can kick off the weekend with a nice run to get me back to it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you not yet learned? You are pregnant. You have an excuse. You must nap. Jerry must handle chores this weekend while you dedicate your time and energy to a healthy little one! Just trying to help.

Wes said...

don't forget to nap! always the nap!

teacherwoman said...

Have a good weekend, Jess! And... get in a nap or two!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I need to catch up on my running too!

Aka Alice said...

I HATE lugging papers home. I have a few to grade over spring break (this week for me), but that awful, inundated week was last week for me.

Marlene said...

I love the feeling of being caught up. Enjoy your freedom this weekend and I hope you can enjoy a couple nice runs.

Shannon said...

I'm in a bit of a respite as well. This is the last quarter until summer break for me...yahoo....just hanging on.

Have fun this weekend!

Shannon said...

BTW, Yes Jess you are the winner!