TAT CN Header

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Worn Out

This week has already felt long, and it's only Wednesday!

See, it's the end of the semester for me, which means grading-galore (while fielding many emails and calls for students -- they get very worried about their semester grades at the end of the term, that kind of worry would serve some of them better throughout the term), and I've been busy working on the house with my husband (sorry, honey, but I think I did a crap job on the paint I did this morning!) -- a never-ending project; plus, we had Lou's death and funeral, which has been upsetting. And...a pile of other little things, which always seem to converge at once, right?

Added up, I am feeling exhausted this afternoon, and head-achy (usually stress-induced: my shoulders get all tense and I can feel my poor knoggin throbbing). But, I am done with class for the day (but certainly have a daunting pile of papers that I'd like to return to students tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that will happen) and I'm headed home. I'm going to swallow a few Advil and grab a Diet Pepsi from the vending machine for the drive home (the caffeine sometimes helps a headache).

Thank God that by the end of next week, much of this stuff will be done. And...hopefully, I can resume running then too (my main source of stress-relief).

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

BREATHE, Jess. You can get through it. Hang in there!

ws said...

I know the feeling...but now it is Thursday which means the week is much closer to being over.

And I always thought that grading was entirely arbitrary. You could promote a grade inflation policy and then you would only have to decide between an "A" and an "A-" and few people would complain.

teacherwoman said...

The week is more than half over, right?! I too have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. .. I haven't ran since saturday, but I will be going out for a nice run today after school, as the temp is supposed to reach 74! Yippee! Don't worry, things will calm down soon!