TAT CN Header

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ab-solutely April

Because I failed at "National Ab Month" back in February, I decided to make April another go of it: it makes sense with the alliteration that's possible, and the fact that I have some down time while I rest from running.

Getting bored with the exercises I know or have available on DVD, I went to the web to broaden my ab exercise base. At www.fitnessmagazine.com under the link "abs" there are tons of exercises for all aspects of the abdominals (like the one to the left). Some, you don't even need to sit up for (but some exercises do seem to be fond of scarf twirling -- I don't own a scarf and am not much for twirling).

Six pack here I come.

Well, that might be more realistic if I hadn't had a brownie for breakfast. Eh, I'm not perfect.

8 comments:

teacherwoman said...

"Six pack here I come." --> six pack of bud light? JK


No one is perfect! I had a girl scout cookie with my breakfast! hehehe.

J~Mom said...

I really miss my abs class that I was taking! Let us know how it goes!

Krista said...

If you can do this, you are my hero! 30 straight days of abs would be my own personal hell. (but the 6-pack likely to come is well worth it)

Iron Jayhawk said...

Awesome. With a capital A.

My idea of a six pack is exactly what teacherwoman said. :)

runner26 said...

Unfortunately, you can't have your six pack and drink it too ;) I found that out the hard way. But I think reviving the Ab Month in April is a great idea!

Erin said...

Did anyone notice that the month is half way over? If you are doing it for 15 days...that is much easier ;)

For some odd reason, I think I would have much better luck doing Ab April than any form of Running April.

ws said...

good luck with the abs...I'd love a six pack too.

By the way, Women's Health has lots of good exercises online also, I think.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome goal, Jess!