TAT CN Header

Monday, April 30, 2007

B-Day Beach Bash

For a combined celebration of both my husband's b-day (yesterday) and my b-day (a week ago), we planned a beach party with our friends on Sunday. So, we spent the day yesterday on the beach playing bocce ball, throwing the frisbee in the ocean, laying in the sun, enjoying drinks, and eating snacks.

And I monkeyed around on the exercise bars some (those bars were hot! and the sunscreen made my hands slippery, so it wasn't easy to do any hanging).

The weather was perfect (hot, but we had a breeze and a spot in the shade), the ocean felt great (it was so clear and refreshing), and the company was excellent (they brought us some wonderful gifts, so we love them). By the end of the day, I was pooped: The combination of sun, sand, and surf sent me to bed by 9 pm.

It was good b-day fun though!

Pictured here are the two b-day-ers. My husband, the Jer-Bear, and me! Do we look older and wiser?

7 comments:

Erin said...

It was a great day at the beach! We have no excuse not to go more often.

I am a little lobstery and used some muscles that haven't been used in a while. Makes me want to go to the beach every weekend!

Thanks for hosting the party.

Krista said...

I cannot tell you how jealous these pictures make me ... sun, sand, beach. Sounds like a perfect weekend.

keith said...

you clearly live in paradise.

that looks like an upside-down pull-up you are doing...see? you're stronger than you think!

miss petite america said...

color me jealous!

looks like the perfect way to spend your bdays.

MNFirefly said...

Great pictures!pl

J~Mom said...

Oh man! What a fun birthday! Add me to the jealous!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great birthday bash! Such a cute young couple!