The responses to yesterday's post have certainly helped me to decide about Chicago: I'm going to sign up today!
And then take 3 weeks off running.
Yup. I do really want to be there for Chicago, but in order to do that, I think I need to give my knee some serious rest. So, I will take a real hiatus from running and will resume training the first week in May with short runs to re-build my base.
It's scary to think about taking so much time off running, but I think it's necessary in order to rehabilitate my knee. I also plan to follow the PT's stretching regimen, which was prescribed weeks ago and which I have kinda followed. I will ice, take IB, rest, stretch, and hopefully all of that will alleviate the problem. Also, my husband is going to MacGyver a foam roller for me -- or, if anyone knows of a good place online to buy one (that is not where I will pay $20 for a stick of foam -- I mean a good roller recommendation), let me know.
Thanks for all the support -- looks like I'll be seeing many of you in Chicago! Woo-hoo!!