TAT CN Header

Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm feeling H-O-T!

I know that much of the country has been experiencing a rather frigid April, but here in South Florida, summer is now underway!

Blech, it's hot.

It's been in the high 80s and low 90s with increasing humidity this week, and I have been reminded of what it's like here in the summer (and it has me questioning the need to train for Chicago during these months -- but I'm already committed, so I guess I'll get used to it as I have in the previous summers). The other night, Erin and I went for a 3 mile walk and by the end, our t-shirts were drenched with sweat and we had bugs stuck to our sweaty faces (damn those little gnats that emerge in the spring).

Both walking and (in a few weeks) running will need to take place under cover of darkness. At least then I don't have to worry about applying sunscreen.

7 comments:

mouse said...

can I just quickly mention how much I hate you and your hot weather? :) it hasn't broken 50 here in weeks, and most days it's snowing. BLAH!

Junie B said...

heres what everyone tells me...training in those kinds of conditions will only HELP you on race day...you'll be that much faster!!

you can do it...persevere...

keith said...

Sounds lusciously tropical...My blood is too thick for that weather. I agree with junebug, though, training in that weather will only make you stronger in Chicago.

Have you ever seen any alligators?

Krista said...

It could be worse. It could be snowbanks!

But I hear ya ... summer running sucks. But don't you feel like you've worked so much harder since you sweat like 10 times more than you normally would? At least that's what I tell myself.

L*I*S*A said...

I'm super jealous of your hot weather. I'll take it...it's been a return to winter here in MI. It sucks big-time!

ws said...

What is up with this weather - it is as if someone woke up Tuesday morning and decided "hey it's summer." I'm running a fall marathon too and was thinking about what a 22 miler will be like in this heat - we'll figure it out when the time comes. Enjoy the weekend.

miss petite america said...

training in that heat and humidity will make chicago feel like a breeeeeze! it makes ya tough!